Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex By The Sea - Video Suggestion For An Updated Version Video

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Accept it was done with the best of intentions, but there’s understandably strong feelings and good reasons for our pride in continuing to sing the original.

I wish the OP well, but springing a reworded version of a song many consider sacrosanct onto the forum was always likely to provoke a strong and not entirely positive response.

Excuse Me What GIF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm a passionate Albion supporter and love singing Sussex By The Sea.

Do you guys think the original early 20th century lyrics of Sussex By The Sea relate closely to how we feel nowadays?

If you do, then this is not for you.

If you don't, then I hope you like the ideas in the suggested lyrics. Do you have any suggestions to make the old lyrics better and more relevant to the world we live in today? It's interesting that when Sussex County Cricket Club adopted the song that they changed the lyrics.

I acknowledge that it's hard to keep traditions strong and and, at the same time, adapt them as times change. So, although I have suggested revised lyrics , I've referred to as much of the original as possible (respect!) while introducing symbols that I hope people will like.

Click on the 'Watch on YouTube' option for good resolution.

If you enjoy it (I sure hope you will), please tell other fans and let the club know.

Do I think a song dedicated to the memory of fallen Sussex soldiers relates to how I feel today?

Yes. I f***ing do.

Bin this atrocity.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Video doesn't work for me....but judging by the comments of others, it's probably just as well.

I'm 100% with Drew on this one. It's the county song / anthem of Sussex, and given its connection with the Royal Sussex Regiment in the Great War, it doesn't need to be tinkered about with.

If anybody needs a history lesson.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here