Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex By The Sea Poll

Should Sussex By The Sea be sung as the players walk out or just prior to kick-off

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Okay, I liked it just before the game started, but the response in our group was mixed. What do we think?

Typo in title, should read 'or'.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
First they move it. Then they drop it. Mark my words it’s a worrying development. Soon we will be walking out to something else.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
First they move it. Then they drop it. Mark my words it’s a worrying development. Soon we will be walking out to something else.
Mark my words - they will NEVER drop it whilst Tony Bloom is chairman. They are just trying to mix things up in the desperate hope the atmosphere will improve. It worked in the same way the Arsenal anthem does just before kick off but it does feel odd not walking out to it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No they won’t.

Most other teams play their anthem just before kick off, not as the teams come out.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I guess the club are trying to please everyone. Hey Jude during the 'fan zone', when 3000 Ipswich fans gave it loud and 2 home fans hummed the tune proved that song had to go. Most clubs, go to Liverpool, Forest etc, play their big theme in the seconds before KO so why not GOSBTS? Give it a few games and it will become second nature. Fade down as we did before for the singing and it will be perfect. Remember last season we had our song and then the PL theme would be blasted out and the moment had gone. Now we have our song and the game starts and we can keep on singing.
I'm for pre KO.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Fair enough but I think a lot of people really do care. It’s unique to our club and has meant a lot for generations of fans. Personally, I’d feel very aggrieved if it was ever dropped - it’s an important part of Albion’s identity.
I don't think the "don't care" means not caring if it's played or not (as your reply infers) but don't care when it's played (so long as it is).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here