Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suspicious Minds re McAlpine!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nothing wrong with Sussex chalk. Hull can't have it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
sully said:
There is nothing to stop a job being tendered "at risk" before the planning approval is granted. It's just that the Contractors invited to tender will take it a lot more seriously (and thus sharpen their pencils more) if the project is a guaranteed goer.

I very much doubt that McAlpines have "got the job" as yet, but they would obviously be under consideration, as they have the relevant experience.
Thanks for clearing that up then...dunno where I got that idea from.

A matter of information.......

Wembley is costing around £3,500 per seat to build (and thats dirt cheap according to the numbers from other stadia).

If we were to pay that amount then Falmer would be costing around £77million.

We come out at a n extremely competive £2,000 per seat.

And by the way.

martin Perry is Cheif Executive of Broghton and Hove Albion and no longer works for Sir Alfred MacAlpine.

so, to quote his hLordship,

f*** Off

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It does sound cheap. The plan to redevelop Lansdowne Road to a 50,000 capacity stadium, which looks very similar to the one that will be at Falmer, is going to cost €300 Million and they already own the land I think. Were the costs budgeted 5 years ago or have they been revised at all since for inflation etc?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
See,we should have gone to Beeding cement works,all the chalks already been excavated.:wave:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we would be kidding ourselves if we do not think Falmer is over the odds price wise.

The Darlington Stadium cost £20 million, say £30 million for inflation and extras, so anything above that is the special circumstances of Falmer.

Single carriage roads work out at £2 million a kilometre on flat land so that gives some idea how much complicated junctions cost (hypothetically, Waterhall, Sheepcote and Toads Hole would cost even more, prohibitively expensive for the roads).

I am afraid all that the opponents of the stadium have achieved is putting up the costs. Village Way South would have been cheaper (although I am not quite sure how much). They are hoping that the stadium will fall because it costs too much and the bankers get cold feet.

So that anybody who ciriticises the costs could be said to be supporting the opponents of the Falmer location.

I was disappointed that Albion did not both the Village Way South and the North applications together before the Public Inquiry, but I realise that the political risk was calculated in being too great. The politicans would not have backed VWS.

Even saying this, I would not be surprised if the figures do not add up. The Bournemouth example is pertinent. They panicked over a £5 million debt.

(Sheffield Wednesday lost £7 million last year and they do not even have to fund a new stadium.)

It only means when everybody (nearly everybody) says "Falmer or Bust" I think the accountants would get edgy. But accountants always do anyway.

If anybody is in the game for the money they are making a big mistake.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Piles050.jpg

The piles at Pende are much bigger now. It is not AONB land although potentially more attractive than Falmer.

I would would say it would be prudent to cost out Pende compared to Falmer before signing the contracts for the new stadium at Falmer VWN. I think it would be cheaper to build it there and the income would be greater.

There is isn't going to be anybody saying it is attractive land anymore. Its a tip!

Shut up you tart

Another pearl of wisdom

Is F.G the new landlord of the swan.

news flash...W.M.D sold to iraq by Mr martin Perry

The second world war started by Martin Perry

Wembley stadium and the dome also priced up by perry..

Well love it's tough job your looking at around 40 million for falmer. my lads should be able to finish it in a year.....I had this tarmac left over from another job so we can do you a deal...

F.G and his fuckin X-files

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My mate's mate (yeah I know, I know) works at McAlpines. He claims(!) Prescott consulted with them before Christmas and that McAlpines gave him the thiumbs up...
Would he actually do that???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here