Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Survivors

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What's it about?

I mean, I gather it's about some people (presumably) who have survived something, but beyond that... :shrug:

Bearing in mind I was born in 1984 and so have no knowledge of any 70's show by this name.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If memory serves me correctly, they survive a chemical warfare blast (bear in mind my mother watched it, and I was a nipper), but I can't remember it being good first time around.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Summink about 90% of the worlds population being wiped out. Sounds good.
Wensiton ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Didn't know it was a remake and when I saw the ad, thought it was a lift of 28 Days/Weeks Later in part.

May actually have been the other way around in this case...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Showing. Episode 1
09:00pm-10:30pm
Sunday 23 November

Any idea if its a WEEKLY thing ?
Bearing in mind I'm A Celeb is on at the moment, and the MIGHTY 24 will be back on our screens soon (2 hour special on Monday). I don't want to get SQUARE EYES.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm going to give this ago, only thing is that it clashes with MOTD2 so might watch it on the iplayer

Its got Freema Agyeman in it and other Doctor Who connections are Shaun Dingwall (Pete Tyler) and the original series was written by Terry Nation (who created of the Daleks)
So its clearly aimed at Who, Life on Mars, Torchwood kinda audience so reckon it will be something that i will like.

There's also something on BBC2 tomorrow with David Tennant in that i want to try and catch at some point about Einstein.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The original was a virus, not a bomb or chemical warfare.

Didn't the opening titles show the scientist who broke the deadly test tube travelling all over the world and getting his passport stamped as he spread the disease to the four corners of the globe?

It was proper scary when you were 13, but would probably seem dated now.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yes it was a virus from a Goverment Lab (of course) this being a 1970's beige coloured miserablist hippy wet dream - everyone living in Norfolk, wearing hessian sacks, eating gruel and emoting loudly at one another in BBC luvvie manner from what I can remember.

Not a bit Dr Who like - no wobbly sets, rubber monsters, Sarah Jane Smith or Brigadier Lethbridge-Stuart "never mind trying to talk to it Doctor, its just eaten Lower Snodbury, alright men, give it five rounds rapid fire".

No, I didn't like it much.....

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
The original was a virus, not a bomb or chemical warfare.

Didn't the opening titles show the scientist who broke the deadly test tube travelling all over the world and getting his passport stamped as he spread the disease to the four corners of the globe?

It was proper scary when you were 13, but would probably seem dated now.

dated's an understatement! it was originally devised by Terry Nation who also did Blakes 7, (The nuclear one people are on about,might have been 'Threads') It started off really well (if my memory serves me right, I was only 8) but got boring towards the end of the series. Anyway in answer to the original question, yes i am looking forward to it (but then again I looked forward to 'The Last Train' and that was shit.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Sky+ already set on series link for Survivors. I think it is 6 episodes.

The 24 2 hour special Easy 10 mentioned is a one off, which supposedly sets the scene for series 7 which is to be screened sometime next year.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I loved the original. It scared the shit out of me at the time. I am not sure about this though. Think it has been done to death recently with the 28 days and I am legend Films

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
thought it was alright, worth catching the second episode.

but they overdid the isolation bit. virus "only" knocked out 90% of the population, so you wouldn't have empty hospitals and prisons - if my maths is correct, there would be more than one or two people left alive in the building!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here