Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Surrey County Cricket Club vs Sussex County Cricket Club *** Offical Match Thread

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And we've only got Matt Prior to come in. :(

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Hopefully Matt Prior can change gears here and get the innings moving a bit...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boyc's always says that "when you look at a score of 203 -3 add 2 wickets to that and think, is it still a good score ? " here comes the collapso.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Is it possible to follow the cricket in a "Groovy Gang" capacity? There was talk of a Groovy Gang deckchair earlier. I like the idea, but there's something about the cosy commentary on BBC London that doesn't say Groovy to me, although it does say "cup of tea" and "Rotary club" in a comforting way.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Matt Prior = RUBBISH

:)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sussex now have a lead...

359/3 - Matt Prior a 33 ball 40

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
29 off the last 2 overs. Prior doesn't normally play in the Championship and it shows, this is simply NOT the way we do things here at Sussex. Who does the think he is, Chris Gayle?!?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I recall that Ian Botham was once asked "How do you approaching playing the spinners?" He replied "Simple. Hit them out of the attack." Graeme Smith obviously didn't read that chapter in the autobiography. Having seen Batty hit for 16 in his previous over, he's then switched him to the other end where he's been carted for another dozen runs.

Inevitably, he will take a wicket in his next over...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And now Luke Wells has fluked his way to his highest first class score. Obviously he'll get a nosebleed and that will be TWO quick wickets in succession :(

29 off the last 2 overs. Prior doesn't normally play in the Championship and it shows, this is simply NOT the way we do things here at Sussex. Who does the think he is, Chris Gayle?!?

Hmmm..... may have to carefully consider the positioning of my Groovy Gang deckchair against Warks next week if he's going to mess about like this. A prior H&S safety assessment vs pints of Harveys consumed might be wise; wear my own pads, batting gloves, helmet, box.........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I recall that Ian Botham was once asked "How do you approaching playing the spinners?" He replied "Simple. Hit them out of the attack." Graeme Smith obviously didn't read that chapter in the autobiography. Having seen Batty hit for 16 in his previous over, he's then switched him to the other end where he's been carted for another dozen runs.

No third over for Batty. Smith has seen the error of his ways. Reminds me of the old Cher classic "If I Could Dernbach Time".

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
FFS is there no end to the ineptitude of the 2 radio London commentators ? why do they feel the need to "growl" out every other word ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Graeme Smith cannot read and has never been a very good captain. Half decent batsman though when he doesn't fall over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here