Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surely we must have some decent free kick takers in this squad?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I find it odd that people genuinely believe Dunk is just throwing his weight around as captain and simply putting himself in charge of free kicks. This isn’t Sunday League ffs!

At a club run as professionally as ours, with a heavily backed statistics/data model, I’m 99% certain that in whatever drills that go on in training, Dunk comes out on top.
100%

The only possible explanation is that he's the best taker in the squad in training.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Obviously we've all been through this before, but It's got to stop. As a senior player and captain, he should have the maturity to just get away from them, rather than going 'nah this one's going in I can feel it' before aimlessly booting it into the oppo teams' shins. Even if he does eventually score one, which I highly doubt he will, he is well in debt with the amount of opportunities he's squandered by twatting free kicks into the wall.

If Welbeck's on the pitch, he should take them. Took a good one against Everton at home last season which hit the bar (I think) and I'm sure he took a half-decent one against United? Or maybe Villarreal? My memory isn't what is used to be. I find it hard to believe Mitoma, Perv, Adingra, Joao Pedro, maybe even Hinsh, wouldn't make a better fist of it tbh. I think Bart bloody would as well, but there you go.

That bloody one he scored at Anfield years ago when Adrian wasn't paying attention is to blame for this shit 😡

:bounce:

Jul 20, 2003
Considering Welbeck has come much closer than anybody else has for a long time with his effort last week, I suggest sticking with him.
Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Sesame Street

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here