Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely the greatest piece of commentary of all time...

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
No, not "They think it's all over.... It is now!!"

Not "And Smith must score... But he hasn't scored."

It's got to be...

Delivery at the second time, deep towards the back post. Up go the heads. Headed back across the face of goal. Storer's header, punched off the line by O'Conner. Morris, comes off the bar. STORERRRRRR!!!! *STUART STORER, HAS GOT THE GOAL THAT COULD LIFT BRIGHTON OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE TABLE AND KEEP THEIR FOOTBALL LEAGUE HOPES ALIVE! It was messy, it wasn't pretty, it hasn't been that sort of game but Storer gets the goal on 68 minutes, into to the top right hand corner and Storer's 6th of the season is easily the most important of the career. Brighton lead, Hereford trail and Brighton are coming off the bottom of the table.

[yt]KGlSBWh5-rI[/yt]

Makes every hair on my body stand up, I can tell you.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Sometimes when the trip to work gets a bit too depressing i watch that video on my phone and it just gets me buzzing

STOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Every time I see that I love watching how Maskell pulls the Donny keeper to the ground, clearing the way for Storer to slam it in.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Every time I see that I love watching how Maskell pulls the Donny keeper to the ground, clearing the way for Storer to slam it in.

I was behind that goal - all odd as I never sat in the South normally. Come to think of it, nobody ever talks about that stand...

Anyway. Massive foul. Which somehow makes it all even sweeter.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Much as I love the ' Storer ' commentary...nothing in the history of sport can ever come close to this.
" Hartley...she's tying up..the Russians coming...its Hartley...its Hartley...the Russian is still coming...its Hartley...Oh..she's done it.....and Donna Hartley held firm as the giant Russian came inside her "
It could only be the great David Coleman.
p.s...." Juantarena opens his legs and shows his class ".....wasn't bad either.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorer, STUART STORER" is exactly what [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] roared at Stuart Storer when he spied him last week.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"Well the 30 minutes are almost up, Swindon fans, but you're not there yet...."

Not the all-time greatest perhaps, but brilliantly timed nonetheless.

[yt]_UQtHi5beGg[/yt]

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

football commentary - its just another thing americans do better

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

great tactical insight "he just runs up and bangs it as hard as he can, nothing fancy. drills it through the upper 90"

D

Deleted member 18477

agreed. americans and australians do it better. english commentary most of the time is dull and bloody boring!! although the storer commentary is an exception, hope they play that before kick off tomoz!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would say Tony Millards commentary of the equaliser at Hereford...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here