Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Robinson will be recalled now ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It was obviously right to send him out on loan, but we have to bring him back for the run in, if just to sit on the bench.

I'd guess Molango is next in line for bench duty.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think London Irish is right but think we whould recall Jake too.

Oh, and don't call me Shirley.

Oct 25, 2003
molango is apparently lacking in fitness....if this is the case then robinson, who is fit and on form(albeit in a lower division), should be ahead of him..and probably mccammon..who is also unfit

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
tommy boy said:
..and probably mccammon..who is also unfit

and also not very good.

Jake couldn't do any worse than our current 'strike force' who have managed precisely bugger all between them in how many games? I don't believe this "He needs toughening up" nonsense. Michael Owen wasn't exactly Mr Toughguy when he was put into the Liverpool side-but he knew how to score goals! Bit like Jake...Earnshaw wasn't/isn't particularly big and tough but can score goals. What CAN'T The Albion do? Score goals-seems to me that there could be an answer to our goal scoring drought playing for Aldershot.

Bring him back because we need goals and our lot don't look like there are more than 2 or 3 goals between them in all our remaining games.

Last 10 games:

Goals for: 9
Against: 23
Games not scored in: 4 (which is 40%)

Won 2 Lost 8

We are doing exactly what Hereford did in THAT season. They we were well clear of relegation and then went into freefall. We've gone into freefall because we don't have anybody capable of scoring a goal.

Well, the shocking truth is that even before those last 10 games, we've averaged less than a goal a game.

Goalscoring has been hard for us all season - but that hasn't stopped us picking up points, The problem in the last 10 games has been the goals conceded, yes, some bad defending, yes, some bad ref decisions.

For me, getting a solid shape in the team is what's vital. Get that sorted, and the 1-0 or 2-1 wins follow.

We have to be realistic, we can't stop a form team like Preston scoring when we have only 10 men. But we were competitive against lesser teams like Reading and Coventry. Leicester fall into that bracket too. It will be a close game on Saturday, and will turn on whether we can defend to our peak abilities and take the few chances that come our way.

The suspensions of Leon and OGH I think simplify the selection options for McGhee, as does the fact that El Abd is back in favour after his indescretions.

gezza

Jul 8, 2003
New Forest
CALL JAKEY BACK.

ALSO KEEP WATCHING THESE IPSWICH WINS. AS LONG AS THEY HAVE WRAPPED UP PROMOTION B4 WE PLAY THEM WE CAN WIN IT.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
tommy boy said:
molango is apparently lacking in fitness....if this is the case then robinson, who is fit and on form(albeit in a lower division), should be ahead of him..and probably mccammon..who is also unfit

What do you expect if he doesnt even get the chance to get match fit

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
gezza said:
CALL JAKEY BACK.

ALSO KEEP WATCHING THESE IPSWICH WINS. AS LONG AS THEY HAVE WRAPPED UP PROMOTION B4 WE PLAY THEM WE CAN WIN IT.

That would indeed be nice though I'm not sure it will happen. It makes Sunderland winning at Wigan last night an excellent result for us though.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
London Irish said:
El Abd is back in favour after his indescretions.

What happened here. Did I miss something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here