Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

SDG

May 26, 2014
That, or pay £8m to Peterborough for a striker who- the occasional moment against Liverpool's pathetic defence aside- scores only against third division teams in the League cup, and then have to flog him a couple of years later for half the initial outlay. Either/or, eh? :thumbsup:
Well, it was £4.5m up front, which was then raised to £6m with add-ons. The final £2m was dependent on goals and international appearances.

We accepted an £11m offer from Norwich late in the August transfer window for Gayle, but it didn't go through as we attempted to loan James Wilson but decided against the deal with it being very late in the day. As always, your fact-finding mission on this is blindingly wrong.

Or paying £9 million for Connor Wickham. On the plus side, at least you'll have saved a fortune on the goal bonuses, so...you know...every cloud.
£6m up front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ated-by-Tottenham-still-paying-his-wages.html
Wrong , he was being paid £100 k a week at Spurs and could of sat there getting it till his contract run out . Spurs are still contributing 30k a week till the 6 month deal ends . Deal will cost us less than 1.9 mill , then we either extend his deal and pay his full wages , or wave goodbye . Think we'll make 1 more signing , would of preferred remy but adebayor will see us through till may..... He must have a top agent

I know it's the name of the game, and I know it's not palace's fault.

But I hope it never gets to the point when bandying around such obscene figures becomes justified.
Anyone trying to prove a point about an Albion loan signing by saying "the deal will cost us less than 1.9 mill over 6 months", has truly lost contact with the soul of the club.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I know it's the name of the game, and I know it's not palace's fault.

But I hope it never gets to the point when bandying around such obscene figures becomes justified.
Anyone trying to prove a point about an Albion loan signing by saying "the deal will cost us less than 1.9 mill over 6 months", has truly lost contact with the soul of the club.

Barmy isn't it? However as each position in the PL is worth £1.2 million, IF he can score a few goals which help climb those positions then (in PL terms) he becomes a bargain. £70k a week in the PL is probably the equivalent of £7k a week in the Championship.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ated-by-Tottenham-still-paying-his-wages.html
Wrong , he was being paid £100 k a week at Spurs and could of sat there getting it till his contract run out . Spurs are still contributing 30k a week till the 6 month deal ends . Deal will cost us less than 1.9 mill , then we either extend his deal and pay his full wages , or wave goodbye . Think we'll make 1 more signing , would of preferred remy but adebayor will see us through till may..... He must have a top agent

Carshalton Illiterate, more like.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh god are they still biting? These threads always end up the same - the Nigel trolls keep posting on it to bounce to the top of the board so they have something to post on. On average they get made to look stupid 5 times per Nigel. It's just boring now, I really don't know why they bother biting / posting on here. Surely it's just time to use your own message boards lads...?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
View attachment 71820

God gave him a sign , " sign for the super eagles , spread your wings and score loads of goals " .

It's a shame that he was referring to the 'super eagles', which is the Nigerian football team nickname.

Still, Palace...Money...Nigerians. All makes sense really. Bet the board believed the emails from the Nigerian prince about the money as well :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It must be SO painful for Palace fans to know that all of their gloating over the past 15-20 years is UTTERLY hollow and meaningless.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
It must be SO painful for Palace fans to know that all of their gloating over the past 15-20 years is UTTERLY hollow and meaningless.

LOL .

Probably less painful than being in a position of NOT being able to gloat for the last 15-20 YEARS!! ......... and counting.

(thanks for acknowledging the natural order of things though)

Feb 14, 2010
Palace used to be a proper club but now they bang drums and only turn up to watch a spurs or Man U in the "premier league" whilst still getting smaller gates than us. In the championship they go missing. They are now a complete irrelevance like Watford. Pompey are much more interesting. Palace as Mullery rightly said are not worth a fiver. They wouldn't have lasted half a season playing 140 mile round trip from Croydon in the lowest league. They just are not passionate about their football in Surrey /Croydon, they need a spurs fan to literally bang a drum for them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just when we thought things couldn't get anymore rosy at palace, the trolls inform us that everything is even more positive.

Is there any limit to how wonderful and rosy, rosy, rosy it is at the jester jenga tower ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
LOL .

Probably less painful than being in a position of NOT being able to gloat for the last 15-20 YEARS!! ......... and counting.

Eh? Plenty to gloat about thanks. Our club has made HUGE strides in the last 5 years - probably more than any club in the land. Had 4/5 very, very good seasons in the Championship too if you're talking just playing side, and a brilliant championship winning season in league 1. Just because CPFC2010 got a promotion to the prem league after re-forming, doesn't mean there's any blotch on what's going on at our club thanks - we're all pretty happy at how we've set our club up for the next X hundred years! There's 'rivalry' and then 'obsession' - I like to define the two. Any palace fan regularly posting on here should maybe do the same...

Another who thinks football was invented in 1992 and was acknowledging Jamie Vardy's 'record' I presume?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
LOL .

The entire point is that the order is unnatural. You cheated and were legally recognised as cheating. That has been agreed by the nationally recognised court of law. You got to where you are by cheating.

All gloating is completely hollow and meaningless, and there's nothing any Palace fan can do to change that. You have **** all to gloat about.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
32 pages, Palace is a disease on NSC

Very true, as said I didn't expect them to come out and play on this one.

The upside is if, and granted that's a big IF, they do royally screw it up this season, we have more than enough quotes in one handy place to keep them at bay for a very long time.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
LOL .

The natural order being (and i've shortened and simplified it so you can understand it):

Human
Primate
Single Celled Organism
Palace Fan

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All gloating is completely hollow and meaningless, and there's nothing any Palace fan can do to change that. You have **** all to gloat about.

Wrong. 2-0. Wonky warehouse, seaweeds blah blah blah

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
adebayor.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here