Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Swansea have really crumbled without Ashley Williams, and people are not sure if Alfie Mawson is ready to step up (Fernandez and Amat if I'm not mistaken are ****)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Will you lot ever learn ? You set yourselfs up for a fall season after season :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will you lot ever learn ? You set yourselfs up for a fall season after season :)

Will you lot never learn?

I don't think any rational Albion fan thinks Palace will get relegated this season. The Premier League is as drossy as it's been for a long time, so Pardew would have to surpass himself to get you into the bottom three.

What this thread is really about is piss-taking over your lot's wild aspirations that, on occasion, include the dream of European football. Did you see how this thread went last year? Do I need to copy and paste some of the key bits as you dropped further down the table week after week?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Will you lot never learn?

I don't think any rational Albion fan thinks Palace will get relegated this season. The Premier League is as drossy as it's been for a long time, so Pardew would have to surpass himself to get you into the bottom three.

What this thread is really about is piss-taking over your lot's wild aspirations that, on occasion, include the dream of European football. Did you see how this thread went last year? Do I need to copy and paste some of the key bits as you dropped further down the table week after week?

Are we allowed to take the piss occasionally now ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Palace really are a full blown example of what is wrong with the Premier League. They like many others glorify in the belief that they are playing in the best league in the world despite the fact that with the exception of five or six teams it is actually of a very low quality of football. The fact that a Palace team completely lacking in any skill and any flare is holding their own in mid table highlights this even more. There used to be a significant gap between the top of the Championship and the bottom of the Premier League. Now I think it is very marginal. Plenty of teams have gone up and held their own in recent seasons, Palace included. I want us to go up for the glory and it will be nice to visit a few of the bigger teams but in every other respect it doesn't excite me anywhere near as much as it once did.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Palace really are a full blown example of what is wrong with the Premier League. They like many others glorify in the belief that they are playing in the best league in the world despite the fact that with the exception of five or six teams it is actually of a very low quality of football. The fact that a Palace team completely lacking in any skill and any flare is holding their own in mid table highlights this even more. There used to be a significant gap between the top of the Championship and the bottom of the Premier League. Now I think it is very marginal. Plenty of teams have gone up and held their own in recent seasons, Palace included. I want us to go up for the glory and it will be nice to visit a few of the bigger teams but in every other respect it doesn't excite me anywhere near as much as it once did.

Not so sure about that, Steve Mandanda. ( French keeper played in the Euros) Scott Dann, Yohan Cabaye, Androas Townsend, Wilf Zaha ( I know you lot dont rate him) Christian Benteke, Jason Puncheon and James McArther are all far from "lacking in skill".....Yes I know its a rival team and its your right to slag off the Palace players, but lets not be silly !!......Now talk about Pardew and you may have a point ?

I think the gap is larger than you think. Those teams that you say have held their have had to spend shed loads of money just to hope they do not get relegated. If BHA are promoted they will also have to spend shed loads of money and hope with 6/7 other clubs just to stay up...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Are we allowed to take the piss occasionally now ?

Only if you show some respect. Don't abuse the (wrongly IMHO) the liberal thinking that you are free to post on the main board. I will ALWAYS maintain an away end for posters from CPFC and maybe when they have reached say 5000 posts they can access the main board.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Newcastle fans will be loving this season. Their team are winning every week, the stadium is packed, they are travelling in numbers to a different set of stadia every other week. The contrast with last year must be stark.

For ourselves there is a real thrill in the chase, we want it badly after coming so close in recent seasons. Will we enjoy the destination as much as the journey though? I hope we get the chance to find out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not so sure about that, Steve Mandanda. ( French keeper played in the Euros) Scott Dann, Yohan Cabaye, Androas Townsend, Wilf Zaha ( I know you lot dont rate him) Christian Benteke, Jason Puncheon and James McArther are all far from "lacking in skill".....Yes I know its a rival team and its your right to slag off the Palace players, but lets not be silly !!..

Mandanda - looks no more than a shot-stopper. Ten-a-penny.
Dann - decent centre back. Like him
Cabaye - skillful but lightweight show pony. Has he actually influenced a single game since his early purple patch?
Townsend - one dimensional. Runs fast in straight lines. Cut inside, shoot from distance. Any decent full back should have him sown up.
Zaha - cheating, hugely over-rated show pony
Benteke - beast of a player in the right team, with the supply lines. Buy Benteke, then lose Bolasie. Great logic.
Puncheon - good Championship player
McArthur - not bad. Upgrade on elbows, I guess.

Is that IT? Is that REALLY your demonstration of Palace's abundance of 'skill and flair'. Christ. No wonder you've only won about four games since last Christmas.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not so sure about that, Steve Mandanda. ( French keeper played in the Euros) Scott Dann, Yohan Cabaye, Androas Townsend, Wilf Zaha ( I know you lot dont rate him) Christian Benteke, Jason Puncheon and James McArther are all far from "lacking in skill".....Yes I know its a rival team and its your right to slag off the Palace players, but lets not be silly !!......Now talk about Pardew and you may have a point ?

I think the gap is larger than you think. Those teams that you say have held their have had to spend shed loads of money just to hope they do not get relegated. If BHA are promoted they will also have to spend shed loads of money and hope with 6/7 other clubs just to stay up...
They are all solid players but do you think neutral fans think, "ohh Palace are on the telly tonight I can't wait to be thrilled by the defensive qualities of Scott Dann and the wing wizardry of "Androas" Townsend"......can't see it myself.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
They are all solid players but do you think neutral fans think, "ohh Palace are on the telly tonight I can't wait to be thrilled by the defensive qualities of Scott Dann and the wing wizardry of "Androas" Townsend"......can't see it myself.

No not saying that, just replying to the " Lacking in any skill " comment....TBH I cant think of 1 team I would turn on and watch hoping to be thrilled, the Prem league is so far up its arse most of it bores me.....Tonight all the skill and showmanship of Champions league on telly (BT) I am going to watch my local team in the Ryamans south div, and it will be more exciting that I can grantee

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No not saying that, just replying to the " Lacking in any skill " comment....TBH I cant think of 1 team I would turn on and watch hoping to be thrilled, the Prem league is so far up its arse most of it bores me.....Tonight all the skill and showmanship of Champions league on telly (BT) I am going to watch my local team in the Ryamans south div, and it will be more exciting that I can grantee

Fair comment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Absolutely no chance of Palace struggling, so many poor/bang average sides in the prem this season.

Jan 30, 2008

what a refreshing honest post :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mandanda - looks no more than a shot-stopper. Ten-a-penny.

Well, you say that...

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 15.34.35.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hang on? Two down at Burnley inside 15 minutes?

Decent of them to give the other European chasers such a decent head start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here