Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is a Sun story on the Zaha chooses Ivory Coast thread on the BBS saying he's going to stay at Palace in January to help with their relegation battle.

“I'm not even thinking we're in a relegation battle at all, if I'm honest. We have to get some results in the next few weeks. Back-to-back wins will take you into mid-table. A long way to go yet. It's about getting the balance in the style of play. I look at the group and there are fantastic players in our team. We're in a false position when I look at the table” - A Pardew

What relegation battle ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do you think is going to happen to turn their slide around?
Samuel Le Grande.

The slide doesn't need to be turned around, they just need to slide slower than 3 other equally shitehouse teams.

Our only hope and saviour is Pards.
Sadly as fantastic as last weekend was, any game that edges Alan closer to the job centre, is a game nearer to their eventual survival.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A deluded palace fan writes....
red&blue_moomin

Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche or Garry Monk

Why does no one think we could get any of those three? Especially when the other option is Big Fat Sam...........

Both Bournemouth and Burnley are a long way off being able to sell a player for near £30M and buy one in for the same.

The club backs their managers is patient to a fault, will pay a big salary Pards is on £1.5 (by all accounts Howe is on half that and Dyche on a third of it) and has funds and wages set aside for the January transfer window based on last years cockup as referenced by both AP and SP.

They'd get to work with a couple of French internationals, a Belgian international, an England International some AfCon internationals and some blokes from Wales and Scotland

Plus we've got some big American financial muscle, 40K seater stadium plans, nearly a million people worth of catchment area, a strong academy system plus we got to an FA Cup final so there's definately the potential there. Biggest of all we are a London club which for international players is a big draw.

The club has the potential to challenge for Europe with a tiny bit of defensive solidity added to the spine of it and some additional tactical nous. None of them is going to leap from Bournemouth, Burnley or Leeds at their ages to a top five club. But they could go to a London club that with some astute defensive player buys and some subtle defensive tweaking could be in and around 10th to 7th every year........

Why does everyone think we are Charlton circa 2005/2006?

:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
“I'm not even thinking we're in a relegation battle at all, if I'm honest. We have to get some results in the next few weeks. Back-to-back wins will take you into mid-table. A long way to go yet. It's about getting the balance in the style of play. I look at the group and there are fantastic players in our team. We're in a false position when I look at the table” - A Pardew

What relegation battle ?

In fairness, he is right about back to back wins and sadly Palace are more capable of managing it than dross like Sunderland. I just don't think they'll go down, but we live in hope...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In fairness, he is right about back to back wins and sadly Palace are more capable of managing it than dross like Sunderland. I just don't think they'll go down, but we live in hope...

I'm fairly happy either way. Playing them in the Prem would be pretty epic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I don't think they will either. Same as last year, there's some truly miserable cack underneath them that will be their saving grace.

But quite how "Pards" can arrive at the conclusion that they're in a false position in the table, when they have been the single most disastrous footballing outfit in the entire country for the last YEAR, is anyones guess.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I did agree about the chances of back to back wins but with the injuries to strikers, Zaha possibly in the African Cup and a leaky defence I think they will struggle until the January window opens. Then the question is does the board give the budget to Pardew or a new manager.
Palace fans I know aren't quite as cocky as they were earlier in the season and very divided on both the management and players in the blame game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Regardless, it does seem ASTONISHING that Palace won't be challenging for the top six despite being told they would by NSC's most tediously boring Nigels. :lolol:

Still, it won't be so funny when their new 40,000 all seater gets built eh.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is a well-written and interesting piece on Zaha: http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/...ctim-of-football-s-can-t-do-culture-1.1937935

Bequeathed by Sir Alex Ferguson to his successor as a parting gift, Zaha ended up being spurned by more Manchester United managers (three) than he would earn Premier League appearances (two) at the club. Abashed, Zaha returned to Palace: a spare wheel, an unwanted guest.
I said on here, before he went there, that Zaha was unrated by anyone at Man U apart from Ferguson...

For such a great manager it was a serious error of judgement near the end of his career.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
i think Zaha would be a fantastic player if someone could coach him to use the ball earlier. Was watching the highlights on match of the day a couple of weeks ago and there were the several inevitable instances where he beat players creating space for the other forward players and instead of passing or putting in a cross he ploughed on to the edge of the box where inevitably he lost the ball and threw himself to the floor in a desperate search for the foul. Of course this is a failing of many an entertaining winger ( Lualua l'm looking at you) but to really make it as a top player you need that little bit of footballing intelligence.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is a well-written and interesting piece on Zaha: http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/...ctim-of-football-s-can-t-do-culture-1.1937935

Bequeathed by Sir Alex Ferguson to his successor as a parting gift, Zaha ended up being spurned by more Manchester United managers (three) than he would earn Premier League appearances (two) at the club. Abashed, Zaha returned to Palace: a spare wheel, an unwanted guest.

I think Zaha's defection has more to do with his time in the England U-21 team alongside Henderson and managed by Southgate. Apparently, Zaha had an attitude problem back then and clashed with both Henderson and Southgate, leaving the latter with the opinion that Zaha is a Billy Big Bollocks. I don't think the timing of Zaha's defection to the Ivory Coast is in any way coincidental with Southgate being made England manager.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't you mean when did they actually make some actual plans and actually present them in an actual planning application?

[emoji38]ol:
After identifying a site of course, possibly miles out in the sticks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here