Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Agree. There is no solidarity within the team, and less between the fans/players/BFS. Toxicity is eroding the whole set up and I cant see any magic wand solution. Shoring up the Palarse ship is going to take time that they just don't have. Will be lucky to survive IMHO. :shrug:

A win would change everything, the trouble is getting the win .

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The fact they can't beat the teams around them could be decisive.never thought they would go down especially when big fat brown envelope man took over but I'm not so sure now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree. There is no solidarity within the team, and less between the fans/players/BFS. Toxicity is eroding the whole set up and I cant see any magic wand solution. Shoring up the Palarse ship is going to take time that they just don't have. Will be lucky to survive IMHO. :shrug:

Spot on.

I allowed myself a little browse of the BBS the other day. Before the 5 clicks that I'm allowed were up, I'd seen enough to witness the SEETHING resentment and outright REVULSION many Palace fans are feeling towards that horrific collection of overrated, overpaid, freeloading PONCES who are currently stinking the place out week-in week out whilst sporting those gaudy clown outfits. An enormous CHASM has opened up between the team, the club and the supporters, publically reinforced by the DOGS abuse Steve Parish now gets on Twitter every time he sticks his ridiculous coiffured bonce above the parapet.

Its lovely, lovely stuff. It really is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If they fail to beat Sunderland things could look very grim

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Pretty surprised by BFS' poor start (and pleased), but still think he'll probably turn it around. BUT am also starting to wonder if after all the England stuff he just doesn't have the heart for it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Pretty surprised by BFS' poor start (and pleased), but still think he'll probably turn it around. BUT am also starting to wonder if after all the England stuff he just doesn't have the heart for it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or he's not as good a manager as some seem to think he is?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As the BBC like to remind us whenever they go to the highlights on match of the day what a fantastic atmosphere those 38 people and a drum create, is that part of the problem. The constant droning which is the same wherever is happening on the pitch itself cant have a good effect on the players. In normal grounds the atmosphere ramps up as the players perform and gives them the boost they need. Likewise when the players are not performing a burst of atmosphere may help them raise their game. This doesn't happen at Selhurst, for the players it must be like listening to distant roadworks while at work and you cannot wait until clocking off time to be able to gert away from the drone.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Spot on.

I allowed myself a little browse of the BBS the other day. Before the 5 clicks that I'm allowed were up, I'd seen enough to witness the SEETHING resentment and outright REVULSION many Palace fans are feeling towards that horrific collection of overrated, overpaid, freeloading PONCES who are currently stinking the place out week-in week out whilst sporting those gaudy clown outfits. An enormous CHASM has opened up between the team, the club and the supporters, publically reinforced by the DOGS abuse Steve Parish now gets on Twitter every time he sticks his ridiculous coiffured bonce above the parapet.

Its lovely, lovely stuff. It really is.

E.g.

We were 6/1 to be relegated before second Swansea game which was way too big and I thought at the time we were more like a 2/1 shot.

6/4 seems big to me now. Given our form, luck, the lack of any form of revival under bfs and our difficult run in, I make us more like 2/1 on and if we don't win at least 2 of our next 5 we could be 4/1 on shots.

The odds were based on media pundits saying we won't be relegated, bfs taking over and our league position in past 3 seasons, not on what we see - an unfit, unbalanced squad, playing with no belief after a run of catastrophic defensive errors, last minute goals being conceded and the vast majority of key decisions going against us.

I hope I'm wrong but the 6/1 a few weeks ago was worth a sizeable, partly speculative wager, the 6/4 now is buying money.

:lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As the BBC like to remind us whenever they go to the highlights on match of the day what a fantastic atmosphere those 38 people and a drum create, is that part of the problem. The constant droning which is the same wherever is happening on the pitch itself cant have a good effect on the players. In normal grounds the atmosphere ramps up as the players perform and gives them the boost they need. Likewise when the players are not performing a burst of atmosphere may help them raise their game. This doesn't happen at Selhurst, for the players it must be like listening to distant roadworks while at work and you cannot wait until clocking off time to be able to gert away from the drone.

There's a whole thread arguing about this on the BBS.

How can this be?! What's happened to "the greatest atmosphere in football"? Oh yeah, it was never there in the first place. :ffsparr:

It is very funny to see them turning on each other now things are going from bad to absolutely bloody awful........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i'm not so sure. I don't buy into this mantra that they have a significantly better side than their position belies. If it was down to management of the team then you would still expect a few fluky wins here and there and almost certainly a new manager bounce but we've seen absolutely no evidence of this. This Palace side are very dysfunctional and still letting in late goals despite all the talk about trying to stop this. Sunderland are down and probably Hull but Swansea have the bit between their teeth now and playing for each other. Can anyone here really see the current Palace team playing that way against a top 6 side? There is only one side demonstrably worse than Palace, a couple of sides that are probably as bad and 16 sides that are varying degrees of better.

Agreed. Are Benteke and Cabaye really that much better than Llorente and Sigurdsson? I'm not convinced.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The are looking awful i agree, but I still dont see them relegated or even close to it by the end of the season.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Spot on. When I see and hear that corner it always reminds me of these guys, with the same constant drone and bouncing. These guys are even wearing Palace colours and have got a good fire going Selhurst does have a better light show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxPa07iLYu8

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The are looking awful i agree, but I still dont see them relegated or even close to it by the end of the season.

Really ?
Unless there is a dramatic improvement in their form over the last 12 months+, its looking like they could indeed be very close to it this time. They haven't got the buffer of the half decent start they had to 2014-15. If they just keep doing what they're doing, I think they could easily replace Swansea as the nailed-ons this season. BFS hasn't provided the bounce I anticipated.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Agreed. Are Benteke and Cabaye really that much better than Llorente and Sigurdsson? I'm not convinced.

Even if people think they are technically better players (I don't btw) on current form and "giving a shit about the team" form there is clearly no comparison. Palace look rotten to the core, long may it continue.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Really ?
Unless there is a dramatic improvement in their form over the last 12 months+, its looking like they could indeed be very close to it this time. They haven't got the buffer of the half decent start they had to 2014-15. If they just keep doing what they're doing, I think they could easily replace Swansea as the nailed-ons this season. BFS hasn't provided the bounce I anticipated.

I know what you mean, maybe it's just me thinking we can't get that lucky !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here