Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely it's the day for Mornington Crescent

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Am I the only NSC'er who has absolutely no idea what the bloody hell any of you are going on about?

You seem to have all been intensely studying your London A-Z's, but I can't make any sense at all of what you're actually doing with the information you've gained from them.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
AlexFrutos said:
Am I the only NSC'er who has absolutely no idea what the bloody hell any of you are going on about?

You seem to have all been intensely studying your London A-Z's, but I can't make any sense at all of what you're actually doing with the information you've gained from them.

If you really don't know how to play, try here. It explains the game, and you can play against the computer to get into it.

http://www.amazonsystems.co.uk/data/morn.htm

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
AlexFrutos said:
Eh? MC is as famous as chess or backgammon isn't it?

AlexFrutos said:
Yeah it's a bit like the panini football stickers thing really whereby somehow you always know which of the 600 stickers you need and what swaps you have. Once you start playing, you realise how easily the tube map sticks in the mind and to be honest that is CRUCIAL when playing this game as it gives you a massive advantage. There are several manoevres worth learning too. Brovian taught me "the truddle" and to be honest I haven't looked back since.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
DTES said:
Logically, then we're on to:

Heathrow East.
This is a minefield of a game this week. Never known anything like it. Hasn't been this exciting since the inception of the now-classic Fenchurch Traverse Apogee manouevre back in 62. They still talk about it now.

I going to use this afore-mentioned Friday Midday subrule (clause 4b) to its best and fullest effect and say... Theydon Bois.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Trufflehound said:
Not bad! Before Pevvers spaddled me I thought I was going to go 'Cockfosters - Mornington Crescent' under one the 1970 Australian rules, but that apparently would have been a breach of etiquette!

BTW my 'Isle of Wight Ferry' move (see P2) WAS illegal. Apparently when Cryer tried it it split the Mornington Crescent Society wide open and after much fierce debate it was ruled illegal. I am hereby disqualified, consequently I'm off down the pub.

Come on Sussex!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
COPB

I cant believe you missed the undeclared fastenings in receding triples - You need white city again!

btw is clockwise high or wild today?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
ROSM said:
is clockwise high or wild today?

Of course it's high - there's been over 20 moves!

Anyway, back to the game. It's far too late, and I'm too tired to think more than 3 moves ahead if I don't bring it more central, so I'll use Foyle's Trident Rule, and move to:

Barbican

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here