Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely it's the day for Mornington Crescent

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I've heard this used (by Barry Cryer I think it was). I think it's an illegal move myself but here we go anyway .....

Isle of Wight ferry.

EDIT - Perhaps possible because of Tricky's "Heron's Quay"?

Last edited:

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
We not playing the Dollis Hill loop then?

Although yesterday WAS a Thursday so we must be playing the short rules.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Simster said:
Hold on. Which rules are you playing?
I know, frankly there's too many rules and any game of Mornington Crescent usually involves a row as somebody invokes some little-known rule. (I'm well aware that I've just been guilty of this myself.)

Listening to R4 I sometimes think they just make them up as they go along.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've been banned from using wildcards after infringing North Acton with Elephant & Castle twice. So... I'll play safe for now, and go for Boston Manor.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
bhafc99 said:
I've been banned from using wildcards after infringing North Acton with Elephant & Castle twice. So... I'll play safe for now, and go for Boston Manor.
See what I mean? How can North Acton be infringed unles the Central Line had been flanged by a Charing Cross - East Ham truddle? I despair sometimes.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
For goodness sake lads, why can't we just have a simple fun game without someone trying an OBVIOUS illegal move.

To set up back on the correct track, I'll say Hanger Lane, albeit I'm using the overlap method.

Unfortunately, I reckon that makes MC in 5 moves for someone...

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Brovian said:
I know, frankly there's too many rules and any game of Mornington Crescent usually involves a row as somebody invokes some little-known rule. (I'm well aware that I've just been guilty of this myself.)

Listening to R4 I sometimes think they just make them up as they go along.

That, sir, is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion. You should be ashamed of yourself. :angry:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
DTES said:
Well, that stops the imminent victory. Using the Friday Midday subrule (clause 4b), I'll take us all the way up to Rickmansworth.

I'll think you'll find that the clause is 4b(i) but I like it anyway.

I'm going to invoke the Friday lunchtime loop (only available on Fridays before bank holidays) to take us to Kensington to wave hello to Dwayne.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I am ashamed of myself. But, as you're gonna be that picky, how about Hicksman's Post-Loop Retaliation rule to leave you at Boston Manor?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
DTES said:
I am ashamed of myself. But, as you're gonna be that picky, how about Hicksman's Post-Loop Retaliation rule to leave you at Boston Manor?
Quality. DTES = NSC Mornington Crescent's very own Ben Thatcher.

I shouldn't laugh but I do like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here