Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suppose Dick Knight decided he'd had enough

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
3gulls said:
We can if we get a real Chairman with money to put into getting a real ground (with plans for expansion), and the team. Oh, and a decent Manager like Coppell would help!

Half of the problem with our ground, is that we are fighting for Falmer because it will be relatively cheap and gets the best hand-outs!

We know there is good support for us getting a new ground. If we tried to build it somewhere less controversial, we would have it by now. But because Knight has no real money, he cannot fund a ground in a different place.

What utter crap. You are either De Vechii in disguise or you really do have the brain the size of a pea.

Maybe that one remaining brain cell would let me know where this less controversial site is?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
3gulls said:
We can if we get a real Chairman with money to put into getting a real ground (with plans for expansion), and the team. Oh, and a decent Manager like Coppell would help!

Half of the problem with our ground, is that we are fighting for Falmer because it will be relatively cheap and gets the best hand-outs!

We know there is good support for us getting a new ground. If we tried to build it somewhere less controversial, we would have it by now. But because Knight has no real money, he cannot fund a ground in a different place.
[/QUOTE

f***ing idiot:salute:

JohnnyJet

Oct 28, 2005
Sompting
3gulls, I have read some of your other posts and I don’t mean to offend, but you really are quite ignorant to the background regarding the processes we have gone though for the new stadium. I would suggest that before you post any more of your pearls of wisdom, that you actually research the subject that you are talking about. Good luck and I look forward to having a rational, coherent and well balanced discussion in the future.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
JohnnyJet said:
3gulls, I have read some of your other posts and I don’t mean to offend, but you really are quite ignorant to the background regarding the processes we have gone though for the new stadium. I would suggest that before you post any more of your pearls of wisdom, that you actually research the subject that you are talking about. Good luck and I look forward to having a rational, coherent and well balanced discussion in the future.

probably not in this reality matey..

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
3gulls said:
I hope he does f*** off! Someone is bound to take over, and they are unlikely to be as tight/skint as Knight. They may also be able to attract other investors. Knight is long past his sell-by date.

:tosser:

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
3gulls said:

If braincells were gunpowder, you couldn't blow your hat off.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I take back all i said about kev the ape & 1066.

Compared to 3Gulls they are f***ing geniuses. I suspect that this man would have trouble sitting the right way on a toilet seat.

Last edited:

3gulls said:

HELLO ?

:dunce:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Less controversial site? Everyone agreed it was the only site.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The biggest danger to the club is Dick Tights MASSIVE ego and until he goes the club will never move forward.
All this lifetime fan, season ticket holder for 50 years is BULLSHIT as Ron Pavey said he had never heard of him until he jumped on the bandwagon in 1996.
If certain so called 'better than you' fans had held off the hero worship we might just have got someone with a bit more money and a bit more political nous thus meaning that we would be playing in a new ground years ago.
And if nobody had come along the club would still have survived and would not have been in any worse a position than it is now :angry: :angry: :angry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Dick Knight deserves a bit more credit than he's getting.

At his age he doesn't need the grief of the job day-in and day-out, but he is fully committed to Falmer. The only way I can see him not being chairman the day we move in is on health grounds, but even then I expect him to hand over to someone who will continue the good fight, rather than leave the club rudderless.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
3gulls said:
I hope he does f*** off! Someone is bound to take over, and they are unlikely to be as tight/skint as Knight. They may also be able to attract other investors. Knight is long past his sell-by date.

You are a complete idiot, without Dick Knight you'd have no team to whine about.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
3Gulls, I can't normally be bothered to respond to the doom mongers or obvious wind up merchants, but you really are special.

You are evidently one of these complete BUFFOONS who is under the completely deluded impression that there is a queue of billionaires, even just millionaires lining up outside Dick Knight's door, just begging to snap the club up.

Well let me tell you something, last time I walked up North Road, there wasn't exactly a stampede forming, not even a slightly impatient line of people, waiting to unload their wallets full of cash straight into Mark McGhee's pockets. Read this: nobody views the Albion as an investment until we've got a viable future, ie a ground.

FFS, it's sad to say, but without the current board, this club would probably die.

I can't believe you have so little grasp of reality. So unless you can GENUINELY think of a benevolent old philanthropist who can't wait to pour his hard earned fortune into the bottomless pit of cash known as the Brighton & Hove Albion Falmer Crusade, I suggest you shut up and go back to reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or whatever it is you're currently enjoying.

:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Uncle Spielberg said:
This is the shittiest job in football for the manager and the chairman. Both are bloody hero's in my book. Some people need to take a reality check.

LDC and Norman Baker WANT BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC TO DIE. Do not listen to their pack of lies about wanting the club. LDC, FALMER PARISH and NORMAN BAKER will celebrate like never before

if we go down
if the verdict goes against us
if we die

I hate every single one of them and am just about resisting the temptation to do something rash.

Did you send the pie in the end?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
edna krabappel said:
3Gulls, I can't normally be bothered to respond to the doom mongers or obvious wind up merchants, but you really are special.

You are evidently one of these complete BUFFOONS who is under the completely deluded impression that there is a queue of billionaires, even just millionaires lining up outside Dick Knight's door, just begging to snap the club up.

Well let me tell you something, last time I walked up North Road, there wasn't exactly a stampede forming, not even a slightly impatient line of people, waiting to unload their wallets full of cash straight into Mark McGhee's pockets. Read this: nobody views the Albion as an investment until we've got a viable future, ie a ground.

FFS, it's sad to say, but without the current board, this club would probably die.

I can't believe you have so little grasp of reality. So unless you can GENUINELY think of a benevolent old philanthropist who can't wait to pour his hard earned fortune into the bottomless pit of cash known as the Brighton & Hove Albion Falmer Crusade, I suggest you shut up and go back to reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or whatever it is you're currently enjoying.

:angry:
Well said :clap: (although I struggled a bit with some of your long words, so christ knows how 3gulls will cope).

By the way, The Very Hungry Catapillar is a CLASS book. I love poking my pinky through the holes in the fruits.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not worried what others think on here.........

Sir Dick Knight.....:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Don't even consider him giving up the rudder:angel:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The pie is festering awaiting the right moment. It will be done fear not.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am struggling to keep a lid on things. :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here