Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters Club / Meeting with the 'powers that be'

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm not talking about a fans forum, complete waste ot time, but does the club have regular meetings with representatives of the Supporters Club?

We have a FANTASIC stadium, a great manager, an outstanding Chairman who is also a fan, a very good (if somewhat small) squad at the moment and have great times ahead of us I'm sure.

However, there are some things at the stadium that need sorting, especially Transport (if we are really serious about putting in an Application to expand) and a lesser extent Catering.

Unfortunately, those who make the decisions will not be using Park and Ride, the trains or indeed the busses, so may well not know of the problems.

A very high percentage of Albion fans do not live in Brighton, but travel from all over Sussex (Mill Road P and Ride has always been busy, even at Withdean, as it is used by anyone from the North or West of the County.)

Could half a dozen or so people, who have experienced different ways of getting to/from the Stadium possibly meet withthe club to offer some suggestions as to how things could be improved?

Last night people were talking about NOT coming to evening games if this is what could be expected.

This isn't a moan. I want us to put another tier on the East Stand, fill in the corners and have a 30k Stadium.

Yes, I know we've only had 4 games there, but There is NO CHANCE of this happening with the current travel plans.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many supporters are members of the official supporters club? That is ok for those that wish to be but I don't and if I have a complaint I will contact the man responsible I do not need somebody to speak for me, neither would I expect to speak for them.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
How many supporters are members of the official supporters club? That is ok for those that wish to be but I don't and if I have a complaint I will contact the man responsible I do not need somebody to speak for me, neither would I expect to speak for them.

Fair enough. Just thought that if a dozen or so people who had all experienced problems re travel got together with the club to make sure that the club is aware of the issues it would be a good idea.

Fair enough. Just thought that if a dozen or so people who had all experienced problems re travel got together with the club to make sure that the club is aware of the issues it would be a good idea.
It happened the other day, when portlock seagull led a small group of fans to discuss the disabled parking issue with Martin Perry, Ken Brown, Richard Hebberd and Sally Townsend.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It happened the other day, when portlock seagull led a small group of fans to discuss the disabled parking issue with Martin Perry, Ken Brown, Richard Hebberd and Sally Townsend.

Are you no longer a mod m'lud

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The success of the catering and the success of the transport are not entirely separate issues. Over time one will affect the other if people decide there's no reason to arrive early or stay late.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

That's fine but might it not be useful for someone to collate those observations from fans and discuss them with the club. Otherwise, they'll be so awash with calls, emails, letters, carrier pigeons, they won't have any time left to act on them.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm not talking about a fans forum, complete waste ot time, but does the club have regular meetings with representatives of the Supporters Club?

We have a FANTASIC stadium, a great manager, an outstanding Chairman who is also a fan, a very good (if somewhat small) squad at the moment and have great times ahead of us I'm sure.

However, there are some things at the stadium that need sorting, especially Transport (if we are really serious about putting in an Application to expand) and a lesser extent Catering.

Unfortunately, those who make the decisions will not be using Park and Ride, the trains or indeed the busses, so may well not know of the problems.

A very high percentage of Albion fans do not live in Brighton, but travel from all over Sussex (Mill Road P and Ride has always been busy, even at Withdean, as it is used by anyone from the North or West of the County.)

Could half a dozen or so people, who have experienced different ways of getting to/from the Stadium possibly meet withthe club to offer some suggestions as to how things could be improved?

Last night people were talking about NOT coming to evening games if this is what could be expected.

This isn't a moan. I want us to put another tier on the East Stand, fill in the corners and have a 30k Stadium.

Yes, I know we've only had 4 games there, but There is NO CHANCE of this happening with the current travel plans.

Write a letter

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What are you issues? I'm just curious. In the main, the transport has been okay, although the evening game plans need a bit of revision.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Jeez, another moaning thread.

What do people expect, leave the Amex, travel 20 or 30 miles and be back in time for Newsnight? Going to evening games mean people get back a little later than usual. After the Swindon play-off game, I got back home at 1.50 the next morning. But I didn't feel the need the post on here demanding the club do something about the lack of train connections, instead, I was walking around with the biggest ever smile on my face. You talk about buses and trains being inadequate but, in all honesty, what can the club do about that?

And if you really think people are really not going to come to the Palace game because it's an evening kick-off, then you're living in a very strange world.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

This isn't a moan.

Yes it is. It doesn't become "not a moan" just because you say it isn't. Frankly it's bloody insulting to Tony and the people who have created the stadium. You have the cheek to imply that because the managers and directors of the club are likely to travel by car they won't give a damn about the teransport issues for the rest. On that basis there wouldn't be padded seats for the prols would there.

The club have nothing other than bend over backwards to make The Amex a superb experience (for example changing the guard rails to perspex as soon as they realised there was an issue) and I would expect that in time the travel issues will be addressed. Clearly - patently - they listen to the fans and respond to criticism/feedback all the time.

I think you should re-read your little diatribe and consider how damn offensive it really could be to the people who I suspect have done nothing other than work on ironing out issues for the last month.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011

Your ungratefulness makes me a little bit sick in my mouth.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The success of the catering and the success of the transport are not entirely separate issues. Over time one will affect the other if people decide there's no reason to arrive early or stay late.

THIS.

the club have said over and over the transport plans will only work if people stagger their arrivals and departures over many hours. so the booze and food etc has to work well and be readily available. and it has to be tasty, otherwise we'll all try and arrive at 2.45 and leave on the final whistle. resulting in transport chaos, which will in turn lead to a half empty stadium.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Am I missing something about transport? It could go smoother, but did anyone miss the last train? Or miss the park and ride or something silly like that? We have to accept its going to take a bit longer, and if you don't like it try another method of transport. Its no different to Wembley or many other stadia, so chill the f*** out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here