Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' bar/beer update

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Duvel! Then we are truly blessed!
duvel.jpg

Nectar Of The Gods :bowdown:

C'mon, if they sold Duvel none of us would be able to make it to our seats for kick-off!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My only concern is being able to get in there.
Anyone know what the capacity of the bar is? Gonna have to get in there at midday for the first home match I'd imagine! And any idea if away supporters are allowed in? Presumably not, but when we played at Villa I was 'signed in' to their bar by a Villa-supporting friend - would there be any such system in use?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Heineken is rather good, it's not the weak stuff that you used to get years ago. I responce to another post, I wouldnt have thought any stadium sells Stella due to the voilent tendanies it gives when drunk on it!!

Heineken gives me banging hangovers, although I've never tried it from the UK brewery (only Cork and Amsterdam).

And Fosters is the distillate of the Sydney sewerage system as far as I can tell...

Anyone know what the capacity of the bar is? Gonna have to get in there at midday for the first home match I'd imagine! And any idea if away supporters are allowed in? Presumably not, but when we played at Villa I was 'signed in' to their bar by a Villa-supporting friend - would there be any such system in use?
Attila will have up to date information, but the early discussions that I was involved in suggested that the answers were:- About 250; and YES.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Duvel! Then we are truly blessed!
duvel.jpg

Nectar Of The Gods :bowdown:

Never a truer word spoken. Tis lushly quaffable nectar indeed!

I foresee a problem now...want to enjoy some Duvel, Staro', Hoegarten Harvey's AND Hophead. Need all to sell well to keep 'em stocked.

Hmmm.

This is gonna get messy! Probably wont recall a single match this season!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'm more of a campaign for real lager person, and they're are some great large produced draft products out there, Warsteiner and Bitburger are great examples. If you want to push the boat out then Meantime Helles or Kolsher. They also do bottled London Lager which is possibly the best lager I have ever tasted. Ask them nicely and they might stick it in plastic bottles for you. And if you really want to go mad then Brewdog 77 lager. They do a grand IPA as well.

:drool:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I was a bit worse for wear when posting on this thread last night, and apart from the Dark Star and Harveys (which i was told about) unfortunately the rest was my wishlist instead :blush:

Still, would be good if it came true :drink:

Anything but the dreadful triumvarate of Fosters/1664/Stella (does anyone else's heart sink when they walk into an establishment and see these three evil liquids on tap) :down:

Yup!

May 17, 2011
1066 country
Getting hammered at home.

Congratulations gentlemen, You truely are a bunch of piss heads and it sounds like you will not remember the first game at the amex. fair play. :shootself

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Bollocks to all this talk of beer. What about the CIDER ?
Thatchers on draught would be nice, and maybe some bottled Westons Organic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Am I the only one beginning to dread that as the real ale bores have made such a f***ing fuss about things to ensure they got their way that, unfortunately, those who like quality lagers and quality ciders are going to be stuffed?

I hope I'm wrong - we'll find out soon enough.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Am I the only one beginning to dread that as the real ale bores have made such a f***ing fuss about things to ensure they got their way that, unfortunately, those who like quality lagers and quality ciders are going to be stuffed?

I think you may be right. And aside from any debate what brands of alcohol will be available there is the problem of the measly capacity. Particularly if there is SKY sports available showing the lunchtime games there is going to be a massive bundle to get in.

PS. Will there be Cresta or Tizer on draught!

I hope you're wrong, too.

The whole point about the original discussions about a Supporters' Bar was to achieve something that was responsive to supporters' wishes, rather than simply delivering what a supplier chose to sell.

There was a brief phase when the Club was asking "if we offer real ale in all the concourses, will that satisfy those of you who want a Supporters' Bar?" The answer was, emphatically, NO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here