Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' bar/beer/drinks update 2

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Glad it's not just me that thinks prices are a little out of hand.

It's a football ground, not a car boot sale.

The ticket prices are reasonable with the DD option, so it was inevitable that some things would be expensive to 'cash in' on the bigger crowds.
The alcohol prices are cheaper than a lot of places in town. However, they can afford to charge higher prices for soft drinks/hot drinks, as they know they're not likely to be anywhere near as price elastic.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
You should get bands from the away team's town to play too.

*looks up musicians from Doncaster*

Er, there's a cornet player called Roger Webster.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
looks like its "bringing the flask" option then

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Met Elliott Moore, catering manager, at Falmer today. Our new stadium is awesome. As he showed me round i had tears in my eyes. 14 years.... But that's not the point of this post: I promised a beer update and here it is. Coincidentally someone has posted a preview of the signage in the kiosks - Dark Star have not been in to put their logo on yet, don't worry, they are well and truly in there :) The prices are on that thread - £3.60 and £3.80 for the main pints - not too bad.

Concourse bars are big, service will be quick. I saw the storage cellar for the real ale. It's HUGE. We aren't going to run out! Wastage will be minimal: very soon they will have a good idea of volume needed, he says. Makes sense, since in the main the same people will be there each game!

As predicted the range of beers apart from the real ales is that of the Heineken/Fosters portfolio, and Elliott says that all those beers will be available all round the ground, in bottles when not on draught (see below) Guinness WILL be available, even though it's not a Heineken/Fosters product, because they recognise it's more popular and can't compete with Murphy's - it won't be on the advertising boards but will be available in bottles on the concourses, as will the other lager brands (Tiger etc.)

For premium cider fans it'll be Symonds. Pepsi not Coke. Coffee/tea will be the normal instant stuff on the concourses (makes sense) but in the supporters' bar and hospitality there will be proper baristo machines.

Concourse bars: draught beers will be Dark Star/ Harveys/ Fosters/Kronenbourg/Strongbow (as per pic in other thread minus the Dark Star bit)
Supporters' bar and hospitality: Heineken and Amstel plus the real ales.
We will now have 4 handpumps in the supporters' bar, Elliott has agreed to have some of the away fans' local beer in too :) More can be added...
Food on the concourses looks good: I saw Thai green curry advertised up there along with hot dogs and 3 different pies.
25% of everything sold goes direct to the club, he said, and he specifically mentioned the playing budget...another reason to eat and drink ourselves silly :)

The supporters' bar looks bigger than the 250 capacity, but I'm sure will look different when the furniture is in. Martin Perry is thoroughly Ok with the idea of gigs/DJ sessions there after games, logistics need working out (not too early, not too late) I'm sure between us we can sort out an interesting mix of styles for post match entertainment! Local legends The Piranhas have asked to play after the first match, seems very fitting to me :)

We've been asked for thoughts on the kind of food we'd like to see in the supporters' bar. Suggestions please....

Food for the supporters bar ? Madras please, Lamb not the normal boring chicken licken

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can someone tell me,Do the club get a % of the takings from beer and food sales or do the caterers get the lot?.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
It's a football ground, not a car boot sale.

The ticket prices are reasonable with the DD option, so it was inevitable that some things would be expensive to 'cash in' on the bigger crowds.
The alcohol prices are cheaper than a lot of places in town. However, they can afford to charge higher prices for soft drinks/hot drinks, as they know they're not likely to be anywhere near as price elastic.

To some extent I take your point but I had hoped that as the success of the travel arrangements rely on a good number of fans arriving early ( which they will initially) and hanging around after the match they would add some incentives to do so with more competitive pricing. Those with kids are going to find it an expensive day.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yes 25% Attila says

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

Der..sorry didn't go in when i read it.Definitely makes it worth drinking at the ground.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
HOT FOOD
HOMEMADE STEAK & ALE PIE HOMEMADE CHICKEN & HAM PIE HOMEMADE VEGETARIAN PIE HOTDOG £3.50 BEEFBURGER £4.00 CHEESEBURGER £4.20 VEGETARIAN BURGER £4.00 CRISPY CHILLI BEEF & NOODLES £6.50 THAI GREEN CURRY & RICE £6.50[/QUOTE]

Am I being picky if I said there is no Gluten Free option for coeliacs, suppose my wife will just have to take her usual sandwich to the football, home and away as no club seems to cater for coeliacs
No hardship though I suppose

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Hot food
Meal Deals
Pie & Pint* £6.50
Hot Dog & Pint* £6.50
Burger & Pint* £7.00
Thai Curry & Pint* £9.50

*Looking at the artwork, 'pint' seems to refer to Foster's, Strongbow and Kronenbourg only. Needs clarifying, that one

Looks like I am going to be stuffed after 4 pints of Krone, a pie, a hot dog, a burger and then a curry! At least won't need dinner when I get home.. lol

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Presumably these are the pies from Piglet's Pantry?

I do hope the pie and pint deal includes Harveys (and it would seem stupid not to given it's the cheapest beer available) because that sounds a most satisfactory combination

Amen to that. I'd hate to see people driven away from the ale and then it being dropped due to slower sales than the others.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Coffee/tea will be the normal instant stuff on the concourses (makes sense) but in the supporters' bar and hospitality there will be proper baristo machines.

Suggestions please....

Any chance of baristo coffe on the concourses? even if only one bar per stand to start with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here