Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Support at Watford / Adam Virgo

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Desert Orchid said:
I didn't know Robert Eaton but I am quite sure he would have been very proud of our supporters today.
well said im sure he would

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
saltash seagull said:
don't know if it was the same steward but the battle axe moving people by me must have been going without lately cos she seemed to be on 1 i pity any poor bloke who ends up with her

Might have been the same one- we were stood by the far left exit

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Going back to the support, it was great when Watford scored, the Brighton fans immediately started singing Sussex by the Sea.

I am sure it inspired the players to keep battling away.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Yorkie said:
Going back to the support, it was great when Watford scored, the Brighton fans immediately started singing Sussex by the Sea.

My thaghts precisely - I can't remember a time when we've responded so fantastically to an opposition goal.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Yorkie said:

Definately. its times like that when i think how lucky i am to support such a great team with such a superb set of supporters! i've NEVER been at a game where we've gone ahead and the opposition supporters have immediatly started singing even louder than before! (if that was possible today!).
:clap:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Yorkie said:

Agree with that Yorkie,The reponse to their goal by our fans was brilliant.Still souldn't hear them.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought that one of the most encouraging things today was the response of the players to going behind and I think the fans immediate reply to their goal contributed to that.

Great day, it will live long in the memory, and never has an equaliser been so richly deserved by a set of players or fans.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Have to say the atmosphere today was awesome, the best I have witnessed for a long time including Cardiff. Like people have been saying, I am sure our singing helped inspire the lads, when we scored you could see how much it meant to them (Dean Hammond's face sticks in my mind for some reason)

The Watford fans were pathetic though, hardly any noise at all even when they were ahead. Still, I'm not complaining!

Unigeeza

Aug 22, 2003
The Spirit and soul of albion support is summed up in the brief few seconds of when we went behind. We sang so loud that I am sure that waford did not know what hit them. We should all give ourselves a pat on the back

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I have to say the atmosphere was outstanding.

Oh what an atmosphere.
I love a game with a happy atmosphere.
So let me take you there.
And you and I will be dancing in the cool night air.
Oh Oh, Oh what an atmosphere.........

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Superb support yesterday... even better than at Reading, which was fantastic...

Virgo, The Legend... :bowdown:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
It was good seeing Currie trying to encourage us to sing more in the 2nd half. Shows how much passion we have from the whole team. It was a great day out although we did get barred from Yates in Leicester square for having some friendly banter with some Plymouth fans

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Agreed the support from us was fantastic. I cant remember the last time i actually saw a manager come onto the pitch after the game to thank the fans but Mcghee did:clap: :clap:

Going back to the stewards tho :angry: :censored:

We asked if we could move over to the other side as our seats were taken & we ended up watching the game through a post in the first half. The steward in question said no so i asked him why & he couldn't give me an answer so i asked if i could speak to his supervisor & agian nothing. Even when we saw people moving across at the top they couldnt give us one good reason. Eventually we spoke to some authoritive F**kwit who tried to tell us that we couldnt go over there because it was allocated seating. When i informed him that it was in fact the pay on the day section he didnt have an answer. We ended up going & standing in an aisle when we got asked to move & find seats i said that there was 3 of us & he said do you want to move over the other side:ohmy:
then he got told that we couldnt so he went off & actually found us some seats with a decent view & 3 together !!!!! at least someone had some common sense

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yorkie said:

I'm sure you'll be very pleased to hear that that came through loud and clear on on SCR too.
Top Stuff.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Watford stewards :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why they wouldn't let people move to the half empty left side seats was beyond me. With one notable exception (good god, a steward with brains??) they were all pathetic jobsworths.

Even the police we spoke to agreed with us that we should be allowed to spread out into the left side (rather than have the crappy seat 2 rows from the front with a rubbish view through the goalnet). But no, that He-She head steward wasn't having it, though she wouldn't lower herself to actually speaking to us to explain why, preferring to relay it through one of her minions.

"Because that's the rules".

The one response guaranteed to provoke annoyance in response to any "why" question. :angry:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The players were totally inspired by the noise we were making.The support yesterday was spine-tinglingly f***ing brilliant. Reminded me of the awesome atmosphere at the Orient way back when we had the entire stand down the side of Brisbane Road. Sent shivers down the spine. Brilliant stuff. We should all be very proud of ourselves.

:clap: :clap: :D :clap: :clap:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Got to say very proud to be BHA on sat . I made the mistake of sitting in the Rous stand but to hear the support and see the flag made my hairs stand up on back of neck. Was so impressed with team ,first chance to see Hammond since Ipswich couple of seasons ago ..how he has matured .. Whole team played well was impressed with Currie distribution awsome ..only wish he had pace !! only regret no camera was great seeing flag draped over heads at start and seeing it on the side during game ....

ps who were the unfortunate guys who had to hold it during the game ... felt they looked itching to sit with main crowd !!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Quality day out and a great game, I thought a draw was a fair result, and WHAT a save there keeper made with his left leg, AMAZING :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here