Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Support at Watford / Adam Virgo

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Have to say thats the best away support I've seen in a long, long while.

Virgo's goal - what a beauty. Stumbled, managed to regain his composure, got to the ball before the defenders and lobbed the keeper into the top corner.

Can't remember us having such a lot of possession at an away game either. We didn't get many chances but I felt we deserved the win.

What happened for their goal ? Did the player beat the offside trap.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
we were very vocal :clap2:

watford fans have to be the quietest ive seen for a while, and nicolas was SUPERB.

impressed with hammond too.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
definatly didnt deserve to lose a decent away performance but when the keeper kept out hammonds shot i thought it wasnt our day!

what a strike from virgs :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

impressed with alexis and dean in midfield thought they both played well and knew once mcphee come on that with chris and virgs up front there would be plenty of effort and running up there

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
it was as good as our run in of away games from boxing day last time in this division, i.e norwich, coventry, ipswich, bradford etc.

funny with the female steward who threw the ball the wrong way, who were the chants of "w*nker..w*nker.." at?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
saafend_seagull said:

funny with the female steward who threw the ball the wrong way, who were the chants of "w*nker..w*nker.." at?

senior steward who told her where to throw it and had a go at a fan who gave her some stick. ended up with senior steward being told to go away by his supervisor:lol:

m20gull said:
senior steward who told her where to throw it and had a go at a fan who gave her some stick. ended up with senior steward being told to go away by his supervisor:lol:

The twat looked at me and asked what he did wrong. Threatening to have someone removed for criticising him would have been my answer if he hadn't been moved. Ridiculous policing and stewarding all round.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It was a great day all round. Stewards in the main were very helpful but that was a funny incident where the female threw the ball.

:lol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yorkie said:
It was a great day all round. Stewards in the main were very helpful but that was a funny incident where the female threw the ball.

:lol:
if you'd have been up the back yorkie you may have had a different view.after the game had started and people were stood in the gangways instead of asking them to find a seat the stewards insisted on seeing there tickets and putting them in the right seats which were already occupied as most people semed to be sitting where ever and this was threatening to spoil the 1st half by moving people already seated to there seats which would have caused most albion fans being moved until common sence eventully lead to empty seats being found 15 mins or so into the game.then at half time a young girl who bearly looked out of school had police assistance to check anyone's ticket who was trying to return to there seats after visting the loo or getting something to eat even though by this time everyone had found a seat and the people returning had friends sat near the seats they were sitting in during the 1st half! it was ridiculous totally unnessacary and only succeded in winding albion fans up.they should have insisted everyone sat in there seat as we entered the ground not during the game.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Best away game I've been to for years - amazing atmosphere and a fantabulous goal by virgs. We deserved to win, and SO good to see such a young side progressing so well. Makes me proud to be Albion seeing the likes of Hammond, El Abd, Virgo, McPhee, Hinshelwood, etc playing so well. Felt sorry for Jarrett, who had a stormer when he came on, only to be substituted himself with a couple of minutes to go, but McGhee was only doing the sensible thing.

Truly MARVELLOUS SCENES today.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Totally agree.

Best I've seen the Albion play for a very very long time. Lots of possession and good passing.

Virgo had a great game and his goal was utterly fantastic. Not sure how McGhee can move him out of the striker position in the near future even if we do sign an established target man.

MOM probably Nicolas who was outstanding.

Weakest link in the team probably Leon.

And the Albion fans? Absolutely incredible. The great thing was the singing continued even when we were behind.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
saltash seagull said:
if you'd have been up the back yorkie you may have had a different view.after the game had started and people were stood in the gangways instead of asking them to find a seat the stewards insisted on seeing there tickets and putting them in the right seats which were already occupied as most people semed to be sitting where ever and this was threatening to spoil the 1st half by moving people already seated to there seats which would have caused most albion fans being moved until common sence eventully lead to empty seats being found 15 mins or so into the game.then at half time a young girl who bearly looked out of school had police assistance to check anyone's ticket who was trying to return to there seats after visting the loo or getting something to eat even though by this time everyone had found a seat and the people returning had friends sat near the seats they were sitting in during the 1st half! it was ridiculous totally unnessacary and only succeded in winding albion fans up.they should have insisted everyone sat in there seat as we entered the ground not during the game.

I know. I had to sit where my ticket number stated which meant I wasn't with anyone that I knew.
I didn't have a chance to argue because I only got to my seat in time for kick off anyway, but the stewards that I came across whilst helping with the flag were very helpful.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
saltash seagull said:

I was one of those stood in the gangway. was sat up the back and then these d**kheads came about 2mins before ko and instead of being polite in saying we were in their seats they just tried to barge us out the way telling us to f*** off out the way. we tried to explain that no-one was sat in their own seats they were having none of it so we were forced to move- couldnt really argue if they had those tickets. fuckin wankers though. so we were stood on the steps for ages while the stewards tried to find us 4 seats together- for some reason they wouldnt let us go into the left hand side they said there was no way we could go in there, yet they couldnt find anywhere for us to sit! so after much arguing with she went off (for about the 5th time) and came back saying ok we could go into the left hand side. right cock up. still had a great day despite the stewards!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I walked away from the ground feeling slightly cheated - we deserved 3 points today.

Still all bodes well if we can put in performances like this week in week out.

Adam Virgo is a legend

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Great day out and fully deserved point.We had enough of the ball to win the game withou creating loads of chances.I also thought when the ball hit the keepers foot from Hammond that our chance had gone.Until our own Adam (Shearer) Virgo scored another trademark goal.I went mental running to the front.The crowd was at its best today.Standing near the front looking back was very impressive,especially seeing the flag go across.Great banter from the two sides."Can you here the Brighton sing" and "is that all you take away" classic.Also felt sorry for Jarrett but it was the right decision.Nice beer in Macs Bar.Good day all round.Now having a couple of beers to celebrate.:clap: :clap:
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
:clap2: One of the best Albion games I have seen since probably our third division championship season. :clap2: Well done Virgs.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Hove&Albion F.C said:
I was one of those stood in the gangway. was sat up the back and then these d**kheads came about 2mins before ko and instead of being polite in saying we were in their seats they just tried to barge us out the way telling us to f*** off out the way. we tried to explain that no-one was sat in their own seats they were having none of it so we were forced to move- couldnt really argue if they had those tickets. fuckin wankers though. so we were stood on the steps for ages while the stewards tried to find us 4 seats together- for some reason they wouldnt let us go into the left hand side they said there was no way we could go in there, yet they couldnt find anywhere for us to sit! so after much arguing with she went off (for about the 5th time) and came back saying ok we could go into the left hand side. right cock up. still had a great day despite the stewards!
don't know if it was the same steward but the battle axe moving people by me must have been going without lately cos she seemed to be on 1 i pity any poor bloke who ends up with her

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here