superstars

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
he hasn't saved one yet

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Has Kevin Keegan fallen off his bike yet ?

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I loved this show glad it is back!!! I've only just seen it was on any good?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was good actually.:smokin:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Thought it was ok. No real stars on there though....well not in their prime anyway. Good to have it back though.:clap2: :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fantastic - so glad its back. A tingle went down my spine when the music started and I saw the big "superman" S. I f*cking loved this as a kid.

Only problem - no David Vine.. but a David Vine sound-a-like which almost makes up for it.

Haven't made my mind up about Johnny Vaughan as presenter but he strikes me as the sort of bloke who probably watched it first time.

( No, he's crap - just did a little 'funny' at the end )

Best bit - the contestant collapsing after the bike race and doing the gayest walk when he got back up.

Overall - its updated, but they've left the best bits in. Always funny to see footballers canoeing.. and the pain of the gym tests.

Oh the music starting again... he we go.......

DER, DER,DER,DER, DERRRRRRRRRRR

DER, DER,DER, DERRRRR, DER-DER !!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

( Is Jim'll fix it on next ?? )

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
And the clips of Brian Jacks

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Excellent, really enjoyed that, good to have it back!

Felt sorry for Henry Olonga, he was flying til his knee cocked up, would have gone through easily.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Worst thing - Johnny Vaughan pointlessly chipping in to the commentary, and things like the swimming bring cut so short you wondered why they bothered showing it at all.

Best bit - the mountain bike collapse.

Will probably watch again.. but the big appeal of the old Superstars was the fact they had REAL superstars of the time, like Keegan and Jackie Stewart to name but two. Seems a bit pointless with a load of has beens.

Lush

Mods' Pet
trueblue said:
Will probably watch again.. but the big appeal of the old Superstars was the fact they had REAL superstars of the time, like Keegan and Jackie Stewart to name but two. Seems a bit pointless with a load of has beens.

Can just see Alex Ferguson letting Butt and Scholes have a turn round the cycling track at full pelt....

Seriously though I think today's "superstars" would probably be invalidating their insurance by taking part. No such worries in the good old days of Keegan et al.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Lush said:
Can just see Alex Ferguson letting Butt and Scholes have a turn round the cycling track at full pelt....

Seriously though I think today's "superstars" would probably be invalidating their insurance by taking part. No such worries in the good old days of Keegan et al.

Yep - obviously that's a big problem. I'm sure that's why it's taken so long for anybody to even bother attempting it again... I thought overall it used to be a bit more 'sporty'... so, for example, on the squat thrusts, you'd have a counter ticking over showing how many they'd done as they chased down someone else's target. As a sports fan, that competitive edge was what made it worth watching.

PABLO ESCOBAR

Oct 3, 2003
Bogota.
Is this the show where the stars have to swallow as many condoms full of coke and try to smuggle it into the U.K. without one breaking or getting caught by customs?

Sorry my English friends.
I was thinking of a little show we got back home in Columbia.

I watched part of it before I went off to the pub. Someone was moaning about the referee (ha ha).

It was great fun. Bit disappointed in Stuart Pierce.

Nice to see Colin Jackson again (yummy) but when he spoke, I wanted to giggle. Oh I have missed him!

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
It wasn't bad, too many D-list stars I thought. Reminded me of Celebrity Big Brother or something like that.

But that walk was funny....

Still doesn't justify the license fee.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Oh nackers, I missed the gay walk - I was putting littl'un to bed.
Seems like they had to put a footballer in & Piercey was the best they could get - he probably watched it back when he was a kid too.
Johnny Vaughan - some things he's good at (Big Brekky, JV Tonight) but I think he's a bad choice for Superstars. They've hired him to make the most of the funny moments, like in the Kayaking, but in the original Superstars the pundits took it more seriously. It was up to us the viewers to take the p*ss out of Keegan. It worked better that way round.
I heard recently that in the original Superstars many competitors treated it as a laugh & an excuse for a two day piss up. :lolol:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Tell me somehting - they showed the Brian Jacks clip when he did 100 dips in the allotted time. The most anyone could do yesterday was 40 (ColinJackson I think). Was it the same time period allowed? If so, Brian Jacks is even more da man that I thought he was.

Henry Olonga blows away the reputation of cricketers being unfit fat gits - what an athlete !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here