Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supergrass appreciation thread

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Having just bunged Supergrass' In It For The Money album on my MP3, I can safely say that it's one of the best guitar albums produced in the UK in the past 20 years - a work of sheer genius.

They went a bit downhill after that but IMHO their first two albums are masterpieces.
603px-In_It_For_The_Money.jpg

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Caught them at a little surprise gig at the Concorde several years ago, still to this day one of my top 3 gigs of all time.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
The latter two take a bit more listening too but are both full of cracking songs.
No doubt - I need get INTO them more. I have the one with the x-rays on the front but never really gave it much attention, tbh.

Just look at that track listing - there are 3-4 of my favourite, most evocative songs EVER there:
"In It for the Money" – 3:05
"Richard III" – 3:13
"Tonight" – 3:09
"Late in the Day" – 4:43
"G-Song" – 3:27
"Sun Hits the Sky" – 4:55
"Going Out" – 4:16
"It's Not Me" – 2:56
"Cheapskate" – 2:43
"You Can See Me" – 3:40
"Hollow Little Reign" – 4:08
"Sometimes I Make You Sad" – 2:48

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saw them at Glasto 04. It was pissing down but sunny at the same time and Gaz played an acoustic version of Sun Hits the Sky, evceryone went mental (love moments like that). It was probably one of the best performances I've even seen from a band.

Top boys.

''Caught by the fuzz, while I was, still on the buzz''

TUNE

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I quite like Supergrass in some ways, but i think i merely smile from a distance rather than really celebrate and listen. If on the radio i won't sneer and launch a poo-poo, but nothing of theirs truly grips my lungs enough to muddy their breath with thrill. So i'll just continue to wave from over here.

I have to try and bring back the feelings or makings of all music i have listened to so currently down They Might Be Giants and get emotional around the soupy intent of Particle Man.
:)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
MoH If you want a copy of the ones you don't have let me know.
You're are, sans doubt, a top generous soul with the sounds, FACT. Thanks - I'd only need to borrow them very quickly to rip them into the computer.
I already have:
I Should Coco - I bought that the DAY it came out - Virgin, Oxford Street was playing Alright over the tannoy, I went and got it, loved it
In It For The Money
X-Rays (is that one just called Supergrass?)

Man of Harveys said:
You're are, sans doubt, a top generous soul with the sounds, FACT. Thanks - I'd only need to borrow them very quickly to rip them into the computer.
I already have:
I Should Coco - I bought that the DAY it came out - Virgin, Oxford Street was playing Alright over the tannoy, I went and got it, loved it
In It For The Money
X-Rays (is that one just called Supergrass?)

Yes, it's just Supergrass.

I'll bring Life On Other Planets, Road To Rouen and Supergrass Is 10 on Sunday.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Saw them live a few times in the early days and they were excellent but the albums recently have been poor in my opinion, really couldn't get into Road to Rouen at all.

I remember being totally out of my face at Glasto the year they first started bright sunshine and them playing caught by the fuzz was a really good moment but then the state I wa sin I even thought Dodgy were good that weekend.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Blimey, either I've missed something or you lot are going way over the top. Not a great band, but they're ALRIGHT. [see what I did there?]

I've got one of their albums, and I must admit it didn't get a lot of play in my house.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
The guitar solo in "Late In The Day" is so perfect & understated it has given me goosebumps on a number of occassions.
Briefly met Gaz Coombes many years ago, a most agreeable chap & a fan of classic cars too.

Sep 12, 2006
still think i should coco is awesome, and in it for the money is seriously underated, since then they've got older and i don't think it suits them but they are absolute genius nonetheless.....
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here