Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superfans - what does it cost?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Money up front? I assume Leeds make money on those sold and only part with the money to the away team the week of the game. Suprised Albion haven't thought to do this to improve cashflow. hang on, no I'm not suprised at all.

How does it work? Surely they have to limit the number of away season tickets to the number of away seats available at the club with the lowest number? That would probably be us then with about 900?

If we introduced this system do Albion fans think there would be a good uptake?

yes, money up front.

it is limited to 500 people to give other non-away season ticket holders chance for games such as at brighton, cheltenham where we can only have the small allocation.

leeds find out in the close season what each match ticket will cost and charge us face value of those tickets up front, i paid for all our away tickets through to the end of the season at the very beginning of august. it was £475 this season.

i like it because it means we do not have to face the lottery of "will we get a ticket or not" everything is paid for and then leeds just out the tickets when they receive them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i like it because it means we do not have to face the lottery of "will we get a ticket or not" everything is paid for and then leeds just out the tickets when they receive them.

...and I presume no trouble moving them on at face value if you can't make a game?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
£13 ticket
£21 petrol
£6 assorted stadium concesions
£4 doncaster santa hat
£4 assorted tescos lunch
£4 bp dinner

you probably spent less due to the fact you took far too many liberties with the sausage roll consumption. yesterdays was also helped by the fact the usual £20 on alcohol was not there, and nor was the two fast food restaurant stops

Tuesday cost me a fortune

£44 train fare
£15 my share of the hotel Cost
£20 to get in (or was it £19.50 cant remember!)
£25 drink
£18 curry
£2 taxi to the ground
£4 taxi to the station at 5am wednesday morning
£128

Torquay was marginally cheaper as only £14 to get in and no hotel cost, so about £100 is probably right for an average away trip

Yee Gods.

So we're talking about 3-4K a season. 30-40K in 10 years and for some of our more 'mature' Superfans say at least 20 years so getting close to 100K

Wouldn't it be simpler to stay at home - listen to Hawsey on the radio - and then simply buy the club a player like Forster?

In all seriousness well done to all you Superfans. The nice men in white coats will be along shortly :jester::jester:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yee Gods.

So we're talking about 3-4K a season. 30-40K in 10 years and for some of our more 'mature' Superfans say at least 20 years so getting close to 100K

Wouldn't it be simpler to stay at home - listen to Hawsey on the radio - and then simply buy the club a player like Forster?

In all seriousness well done to all you Superfans. The nice men in white coats will be along shortly :jester::jester:

rather be on my deathbed looking back at some of the glorious things I've witnessed with the Albion , than on deathbed thinking ....havent I got a lot of money

edit - yes i know it was tongue in cheek

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yee Gods.

Radio doesn't recreate the atmosphere, the travel, the chase of passing the sign telling you you're 30km from the ground with 20 minutes to kick off (if driving), all the surreal experiences you will end up accumulating over the seasons (less likely if driving)...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i honestly DON'T want to know ..... :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here