Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Super Yacht sinks off the coast of Sicily

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The driver of the vehicle that hit the other chap while he was out running, was a woman on holiday in the area who lives in Suffolk.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The driver of the vehicle that hit the other chap while he was out running, was a woman on holiday in the area who lives in Suffolk.
The Suffolk which houses the US air bases at Mildenhall and Lakenheath? THAT Suffolk...?

Suspicious Futurama GIF

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I think this is genuinely the first conspiracy theory I may possibly (because I’m not 100% sold) believe in.

I just find it too much that both these guys died unexpectedly, by accidental means, within days of each other, after they get off this trial. I’m not sure coincidence really stretches that far.

But there are so many good rabbit holes to go down.

Moon landing
9/11
Weather Manipulation
UFOs

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I don't really understand the fixation with conspiracy theories. Most accidents only happen because of a series of coincidental events. Remove one event in the chain and there is no accident. This happens all the time. Unfortunately, when all coincidences meet up then there is an accident often leading to death (failure of one mechanism, failure of another, driver error, person in wrong place at wrong moment because they went left not right etc etc).

Last edited:

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
But there are so many good rabbit holes to go down.

Moon landing
9/11
Weather Manipulation
UFOs

I feel like everyone is allowed to believe in one wacky conspiracy theory in their life. When you start believing them all then you are the weirdo 🤣

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How do you capsize a boat without anyone noticing?
Point to something to distract everyone? Oh look at that giant octopus over there!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Possibly something to do with the huge mast the yacht had……

Anyway, no doubt the survivors will be able to shed some light on what happened when they are ready.
The Emperor Nero supposedly tried to murder his mum by arranging for her to be involved in a shipwreck.

A plan flawless in every detail, until she survived and swam to shore.

Actually, on reflection, it's clearly a stupid idea. He apparently then resorted to the more traditional and idiot-proof method of paying somebody to stab her.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Emperor Nero supposedly tried to murder his mum by arranging for her to be involved in a shipwreck.

A plan flawless in every detail, until she survived and swam to shore.

Actually, on reflection, it's clearly a stupid idea. He apparently then resorted to the more traditional and idiot-proof method of paying somebody to stab her.
Well that's clearly conspiracy nonsense.

No one gets stabbed in Rome.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't really understand the fixation with conspiracy theories. Most accidents only happy because of a series of coincidental events. Remove one event in the chain and there is no accident. This happens all the time. Unfortunately, when all coincidences meet up then there is an accident often leading to death (failure of one mechanism, failure of another, driver error, person in wrong place at wrong moment because they went left not right etc etc).
One thing most seem to have in common is there being far less convoluted ways of achieving the objective than the one apparently chosen. However theorists love complexity and strangely significant co-incidences but are suspicious of any actual evidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here