Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Super Yacht sinks off the coast of Sicily

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very strange goings on when a £50 M superyacht goes down in seconds while carrying several high roller businessmen who had recently been involved in a major court battle about cash ? Additionally, another person who was involved in the court case had the misfortune to be struck and killed by a car while out running at about the same time ? https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...g-mike-lynch-search-bayesian-latest-live-news

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Bit like Titantic then... I'm sure they'll find an iceberg somewhere...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where’s the ‘suspicion’ coming from (links ?) ? Loads of film online of the freakish weather at the time including a huge waterspout that would have made mincemeat of a yacht………
Indeed.

The coincidental death of the codefendant 36 hours earlier is absolute catnip to the conspiracy theorists, though 🙄

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I know it's weird a pair of high profile defendants dying within days of each other but...

...hard to envisage assassins manufacturing a storm.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nope. Not buying this. The weather in that part of the world has been extreme this week and this just feels like bad luck.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm absolutely no conspiracist, but this is an outlandish set of circumstances. The chances of 2 men under suspicion of multi BILLION dollar fraud BOTH dying accidentally within 3 days must be inconceivably small.
Together with a boatload of the top lawyers who won them the case.

It really IS an incredible COINCIDENCE.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
If you want to bump some one off you can cut their brakes, push them of a balcony or slip poison in their tea.

You can't arrange a freak storm at sea.
No, but if you know a storm is coming you can arrange to capsize a boat?

I am as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get but it sounds more than coincidental that co-defendants in a massive fraud case are killed within days of each other.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is the industry I work in so followed the case for years. The guys had balls to willingly be extradited to the US Court to defend himself in a case of fraud against a big American tech company who accused them of over valuing / inflating the books of the company they purchased. 97% of those extradited to the US get found guilty the odds were stacked against them but they won and cleared their name.

Initially I was suspicious on the timing of both incidents but the weather part is clear from social media at that time. Terrible thing to have happened given kids on board as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here