Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl LIV - Kansas City Chiefs v San Francisco 49ers

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A very enjoyable game that was full of twists and turns.

In the end, it's the gunslinger Mahomes who brings KC back yet again in the post-season with 21 unanswered points.

Plenty of celebrations in Texas as well as Kansas tonight.

A long overdue SB win for the Chiefs and one that was well deserved.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Good game from KCC.

Looked like it was going to slip out of their reach early in the second half, but that one 40 yard throw from Mahomes gave them the shot in the arm they needed, and from then on there was only team in it.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Dated a girl from Kansas many moons ago so always had a soft spot for the Chiefs, definitely the outcome I wanted and working nights does have its benefits. I'm also glad it wasn't a snooze fest like last year.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I honestly fell asleep in the 4th quarter and woke up when the Chiefs (with the Indian/Native American chant) had scored a third touchdown and were solidly ahead of the 49ers. I was saying "How did that happen?" I usually begin my day very early (Groundhogs are early risers) about 10:00/11:00 GMT so no matter how the game was going I was going to be tired.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Shame the Niners collapsed, but well done KC. Incredibly they were down by double digits in all 3 of their post-season games, but came back to win it all. Mahomes is sensational. I'm sure SF knew what was coming late in the game, but their excellent defence was powerless to stop it.

Pity about the tomahawk chopping KC fans though: when are American sports clubs going to cut the racist appropriation of indigenous culture? Nauseating..

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great game. Very pleased for Andy Reid, one of the good guys getting his just rewards after a stellar career. Mahomes finally stepping up to the plate to get the victory after his defence kept him in the game was compelling viewing, the 3rd and 15throw was epic. On a slightly mealy mouthed and bitter note, as a Skins fan I was delighted to see Shanahan throw away another ring with some poor play calling near the end.

As for the halftime show, yes the choreography was good but musically it was dire. Cannot understand the love for this HT show at all. Any chance of a decent tune at next year's game?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
On a slightly mealy mouthed and bitter note, as a Skins fan I was delighted to see Shanahan throw away another ring with some poor play calling near the end.

His strangest call was at the end of the first half.

It's 10–10, you already know you're getting the ball at the start of the next half, and now you have a final possession before HT, with 2 minutes on the clock and all three timeouts still in the bag. Great chance to go for at least a FG, and thus aim for the double whammy of scoring either side of HT.

So what does Shanahan do? Lets the clock fizzle out, doesn't bother with his timeouts and effectively says, "nah, we'll just run this down and settle for 10–10".

Of course it wouldn't have changed the game, given KC's superb 4th quarter, but it was a bafflingly limp decision.

As for the halftime show, yes the choreography was good but musically it was dire. Cannot understand the love for this HT show at all. Any chance of a decent tune at next year's game?

Don't watch it – chance for a break, but as it's on in the background I couldn't help but notice it seemed to be an endless medley where every song got 15 seconds before changing to the next one. They basically sing the track listing titles, and that's about it.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Here's the setlist:

Shakira

She Wolf
Empire
Whenever, Wherever
I Like It Like That, ft. Bad Bunny
Chantaje
Hips Don't Lie
Waka Waka

Jennifer Lopez

Jenny from the Block
Get Right
Waiting for Tonight
Love Don't Cost a Thing
Mi Gente, ft. J Balvin
On the Floor
Born in the USA, ft. daughter Emme Maribel Muñiz
Let's Get Loud

And here's the Latino-infused show complete with multiple costumes, a memorable knee slide and J Lo up a pole...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
49ers defence looked like they were struggling from fatigue perspective as soon as Chiefs switched to a hurry up briefly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Game highlights.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Here's the setlist:

Shakira

She Wolf
Empire
Whenever, Wherever
I Like It Like That, ft. Bad Bunny
Chantaje
Hips Don't Lie
Waka Waka

Jennifer Lopez

Jenny from the Block
Get Right
Waiting for Tonight
Love Don't Cost a Thing
Mi Gente, ft. J Balvin
On the Floor
Born in the USA, ft. daughter Emme Maribel Muñiz
Let's Get Loud

And here's the Latino-infused show complete with multiple costumes, a memorable knee slide and J Lo up a pole...

It was only when 'Jenny from the block' started being sung that it dawned on me I'd been watching someone else beforehand.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bizarrely saw rashford sucking up to mahomes at liv club after the game ... I thought rashford was supposed to be injured. What's he doing drinking in Miami !!!?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It was only when 'Jenny from the block' started being sung that it dawned on me I'd been watching someone else beforehand.

Good God man how can you not be aware of Shakira :love: Those hips do not lie...

Attachments

• Sexy-Wallpapers-Shakira-sexy-Galaxy-S5-Wallpaper.jpg
    Sexy-Wallpapers-Shakira-sexy-Galaxy-S5-Wallpaper.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 41

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bizarrely saw rashford sucking up to mahomes at liv club after the game ... I thought rashford was supposed to be injured. What's he doing drinking in Miami !!!?

Crazy isn't it. When I hurt myself I become completely unable to board a plane or have a drink. Don't know how he could have managed it.

[tweet]1219213243119476736[/tweet]

Because of course a 21hr round-trip long haul flight to Miami and back is PERFECT recuperation for a back injury.

I'm astounded MUFC allowed this, when they've been scratching around at the arse-end of the transfer market to try to bring some (bang average) cover in for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here