Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland v Brighton

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Looking ahead to October, I thought this would be a good away trip. Big stadium, easy to get tickets etc. Thought I had found the ideal way to get there when I noticed that FlyBe are starting a service from Southampton to Newcastle. However, when I check I found that the service starts the day after the match. GRRRR :angry:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Making a weekend of it. Fly to Newcastle on the Friday, get a B&B, get on the lash.
Match day, Metro goes to Sunderland, back to the Toon after, on the lash again, fly home Sunday.

It's gonna be the bollox!

:clap2:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
smudge said:
Making a weekend of it. Fly to Newcastle on the Friday, get a B&B, get on the lash.
Match day, Metro goes to Sunderland, back to the Toon after, on the lash again, fly home Sunday.

Ditto! Can't wait. Should be in Newcastle for 1pm on the Friday

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Newcastle is a quality night out, I can't fookin wait.

Fancy having a "Brighton" pub we could all meet up in for a pint on the Friday night?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
smudge said:
Newcastle is a quality night out, I can't fookin wait.

Fancy having a "Brighton" pub we could all meet up in for a pint on the Friday night?

Good idea. My mate co-owns a bar in The Gate complex. Apparently, it's where all the Newcastle players go.

i.e. it'll be wall-to-wall flange!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
BA fly from Gatwick to Newcastle. You can fly out for £16 and return on Monday for £16 + taxes

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thats tempting

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Soul Finger said:
Good idea. My mate co-owns a bar in The Gate complex. Apparently, it's where all the Newcastle players go.

i.e. it'll be wall-to-wall flange!

I know where that is; let's make it so!

Jesmond's quality as well. In fact there's clacker everywhere, most of them gorgeous. Unlike that minger on BB!

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
smudge said:
I know where that is; let's make it so!

Jesmond's quality as well. In fact there's clacker everywhere, most of them gorgeous. Unlike that minger on BB!

Clacker! What a brilliant word.

Aye, agree about that fuckwit on BB. What a t-wat.

Last time I was in Newcastle the poontang was of the very highest standard, even if I couldn't understand a word any of 'em was saying, like.

My mate's bar is 'Bar Beyond', at the very front of The Gate on the right hand side.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Has to be said that "The Toon" has top totty!! They are all well up for it un'all!!!

Let's goon doon the toon!!!!

:clap2:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Jambo Seagull said:
Should be a large BHAlba presence at the the Estadio da Luz.

Should be a short trip for you, compared with most weeks!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
As promised I am making a list of friendly watering holes in the Newcastle/South Shields/Sunderland triangle. Also a list of those to avoid in the city itself – particularly any in the East End and Hendon. Just had our fourth murder in Hendon alone in the past 20 months! There have been various other mindless attacks including a BBC journalist Russ Ward who was beaten and left for dead .. he spent weeks in Intensive Care.
But outside the East End – and particularly around Roker and Seaburn there are some brilliant pubs. South Shields also has some great pubs, clubs and entertainment. It’s a strange place because half the population are Newcastle supporters and half are Sunderland. Therefore you get the black and white and red and white mixing freely and there is a great deal of tolerance. I wear my Brighton tops in town regularly.
Finally there are quite a few members of Ready to Go (Sunderland’s NSC equivalent) who are ready to welcome us!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Soul Finger said:
smudge said:

Ditto! Can't wait. Should be in Newcastle for 1pm on the Friday

Ditto again x5!!

With 8 more flying up sat am :drink:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I'll be going. But then it only takes an hour and a half on the train from my place.

Russ Ward (the BBC guy who was beaten up) is a top bloke... I've met him a couple of times... the latest from the BBC grapevine is that he's slowly recovering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here