Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sunderland tickets

Ahh, its no real suprise is it? If we are going to expect this fantastic team, playing in this fantastic stadium, with fantastic extras such as the video just posted (Amazing club video - very WOW!), we should be expecting to pay full price for games against Premiership teams (albeit only Sunderland, and only the CC R2).

Meh, I'll be there :wave:

I think this is a pretty fair summary of the situation... Used to cost £24+ for a league one game in the South Stand at Withdean - £28/£30 for my padded seat in WSU up near the roof watching a Prem team doesn't seem unreasonable when you look at it like that.

Yes the club could charge less, but by bringing in decent revenue which will hopefully enable us to strengthen our squad and extend our capacity, they are probably doing the right thing.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
The price is a little steep especially with the history of premiership teams fielding youth teams in this competition, fine if they bring down a strong squad but i'm not so sure they will????

no doubt i will still go though

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think this is a pretty fair summary of the situation... Used to cost £24+ for a league one game in the South Stand at Withdean - £28/£30 for my padded seat in WSU up near the roof watching a Prem team doesn't seem unreasonable when you look at it like that.

Yes the club could charge less, but by bringing in decent revenue which will hopefully enable us to strengthen our squad and extend our capacity, they are probably doing the right thing.

The thing is this could result in, say a 14,000 turnout (high prices and 3 home games in 8 days). If they had made it under £20 then it would sellout and we know those fans would be putting more money through the tills on Pies 'n' Harveys. I cannot see the floating fans choosing this one over Blackpool and/or Peterboro.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Pricey granted but i'll be there. Could well be one of those famous night games yet to be experienced at the Amex. If this is televised though i won't be going.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
The price is a little steep especially with the history of premiership teams fielding youth teams in this competition, fine if they bring down a strong squad but i'm not so sure they will????

no doubt i will still go though

Any Squad of Sunderland will be decent enough.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Wow. £33 for me to take my ST seat in the East Stand. With a trip down from Luton by train, that's instantly £50 for a Carling Cup game. Ouch.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
The club originally published that article with prices unchanged from the Gillingham game, but have just changed it.

Zone A
North Stand / South Stand
Adult £24.00
Senior £17.00
Under 18 £12.00
Under 10 £6.00

Zone B
West Stand Upper
Adult £28.00
Senior £19.00
Under 18 £14.00
Under 10 £7.00

Zone C
West Stand Lower / East Stand
Adult £30.00
Senior £21.00
Under 18 £15.00
Under 10 £8.00

Zone D
West Stand Lower / East Stand
Adult £33.00
Senior £23.00
Under 18 £17.00
Under 10 £9.00

Zone E
West Stand Lower
Adult £35.00
Concessions N/A

Zone F (Family Stand)
East Stand
Adult £25.00
Senior £18.00
Under 16 (accompanying) £6.00
Under 10 (accompanying) £3.00

Well we paid £18.00 for Gillingham - I know its a premiership team but that price is far too high

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Price has directly affected my decision whether to go.

Over £23 for ANY C'Cup match is too much. Shame as would have loved to have come but that's just too much

a) in its own right, and
b) in consideration of the fact we have a tidal wave of home games already in these opening weeks.

So my £23 +£3 progr +£3.50 pie + £3.80 Harveys + £? tea = £35 I won't be spending.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Some Perspective On These Ticket Prices

I can't get my head round what the fuss is all about concerning prices for the Sunderland cup tie. Let's go back less than a month and try and recall how many people moaned about paying £25.20 for WSU for a friendly match against Spurs. Answer -none. This is a cup tie against a Premier League side and a chance to take a scalp - irrespective of whether they put out a weakened side, and it only costs £2.80 more in WSU.

I'll be there and I also think it will virtually sell out too.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The Spurs game was entirely different I think - this was a game peeps had been waiting years for.

Sunderland will likely bring their reserve squad so apart from the shirts it might as well be Barnet. That plus the nightmare journey potential will keep me away. 12500 I reckon

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Not sure if it will be Tuesday 23rd - Sussex are at Home to Kent in a flloodlit CB40 Game - Will Police (and both clubs want both on same night)? - I hope not as I would want to got to both the cricket and the footy! What happened to the olden days when there was a clear line between the cricket and the footy seasons?
.... expected to take place on Tuesday 23rd August?????
When will this be confirmed? I can't make wednesday.
Don't wanna buy a ticket if it gets changed to Wednesday!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
35 to get my usual seat, think I might wait for the general sale and try to get a cheaper one or miss out

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
wont be paying that i wouldnt think

We used to pay this to sit in Withdean in all weather conditions. I can't see us having to pay much more than this for any future cup games beyond the first round tbh. And, having just watched that cinematic clip, I rarher fancy seeing that on the big screen!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure if it will be Tuesday 23rd - Sussex are at Home to Kent in a flloodlit CB40 Game - Will Police (and both clubs want both on same night)? - I hope not as I would want to got to both the cricket and the footy! What happened to the olden days when there was a clear line between the cricket and the footy seasons?

A Sussex 40 over game really doesn't require a lot of policing :lol: It will have no impact on the Albion match.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aren't these just standard Amex match day prices? It's just that most of us are STHs so we haven't had time to really consider what non STHs paid until now.

It's still bloody expensive, by the way, but welcome to modern football. It's not as bad as £30 to sit in the dreadful away end today at the Championship's worst stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here