Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland Ticket Update

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1901's means any of 3000 might turn up might not. this is included in the 18500,

Do you look at every thread and try to put some sort of ridiculous angle on it? I quote:

'means any of 3000' What? 3000 what? Or are you refereing to the 2500 members of the 1901 Club?

'might not turn up' What? you mean they migh turn up too, especially as they have paid for it? Or are you holding out for a collapse of the fan base, starting in the 1901 Club?

Out of interest, what scenario would make you happy? Or put another way, what are you hoping for, so you can come on here and start slagging it off?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just logged into my e card page and Sunderland is no longer listed in my events.... Hope there isn't a problem!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Do you look at every thread and try to put some sort of ridiculous angle on it? I quote:

'means any of 3000' What? 3000 what? Or are you refereing to the 2500 members of the 1901 Club?

'might not turn up' What? you mean they migh turn up too, especially as they have paid for it? Or are you holding out for a collapse of the fan base, starting in the 1901 Club?

Out of interest, what scenario would make you happy? Or put another way, what are you hoping for, so you can come on here and start slagging it off?

Yay for the Reputation thing, I got a negative for this post, suggesting I'm not the brightest, well thank you Stephen Hawkins. Which bit of my post wasn't so bright?

edit, probably get another one for this post :shrug:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
CHeers Kingcole, I am going to give you some POSITIVE rep for doing all this.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
North = 34
WSU = 398
WSL = 840
East = 620

So assuming that the other stats are correct (i.e Sunderland only having sold 900 of their 15% allocation and those remaining tickets not being available for Albionites) we are on for an attendance of approx. 18,000.

Of which only 15,000 are paying customers (1901ers excluded) @ at an average of £22ish per person = £330,000.00 Comfortably breaking our record gate receipts record which I believe was set at roughly £190,000.00 against Crawley in the FA Cup.

Nice work everyone.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Should be a good game im looking forward to this one, be a good test this one like the stoke one was last season, we have definately improved since that game.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
So assuming that the other stats are correct (i.e Sunderland only having sold 900 of their 15% allocation and those remaining tickets not being available for Albionites) we are on for an attendance of approx. 18,000.

Of which only 15,000 are paying customers (1901ers excluded) @ at an average of £22ish per person = £330,000.00 Comfortably breaking our record gate receipts record which I believe was set at roughly £190,000.00 against Crawley in the FA Cup.

Nice work everyone.

How much did we make from the Spurs game?

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011

'means any of 3000' What? 3000 what? Or are you referring to the 2500 members of the 1901 Club?

'might not turn up' What? you mean they might turn up too, especially as they have paid for it? Or are you holding out for a collapse of the fan base, starting in the 1901 Club?

did not read the post correctly. kingcole suggested that home attendance would be 18500, he went on to say there would not be any no shows as people have specifically bought their ticket for this match.

so my post was to just say that with 1901s not having bought their ticket, some might not be able to make it, can not get here in time etc. so where as kingcole assumption is correct with people buying ticket (very high percentage will turn up) the percentage of 1901's will be nowhere near as high?

how is that hard to understand?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I'd rather answer this on here rather than a PM, it is a discussion board after all. You said 3000, when there are 2500 1901 members, I didn't understand why you would say 3000, when, if you weren't sure, is easy enough to find out how many there are before posting. You said 'might not turn up', why would they not turn up any more than a STH? They have paid for their tickets too you know, which seems to be something you are not aware of. The undertone of your post seemed to me that you were pointing an accusing finger at certain elements of the Albion fan base, namely the 1901 Club members. Sorry if I have got that wrong IYO, I stand by what I said, as I did read what else had been written.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
In all honesty, 'Surport', everything you type is hard to understand because you don't punctuate correctly or use capitalisation. I mean that sincerely, I'm not taking the piss, so that may be why somebody couldn't get what you were driving at.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I'd rather answer this on here rather than a PM, it is a discussion board after all. You said 3000, when there are 2500 1901 members, I didn't understand why you would say 3000, when, if you weren't sure, is easy enough to find out how many there are before posting. You said 'might not turn up', why would they not turn up any more than a STH? They have paid for their tickets too you know, which seems to be something you are not aware of. The undertone of your post seemed to me that you were pointing an accusing finger at certain elements of the Albion fan base, namely the 1901 Club members. Sorry if I have got that wrong IYO, I stand by what I said, as I did read what else had been written.

ok if u want to split hairs between 3000/2500 my point still stands. 1901 package means u get cup tickets automatically. sth have to pay for them extra. simples

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but Radio 5 announced the game as tonight's commentary match this morning. There's a faint possibility that piss-poor weather and live radio commentary will put paid to any last-minuters that might otherwise have bought tickets.
There is always live radio commentary for every Albion game on BBC southern counties. 93.5 fm. This should not affect attendance.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I suspect that people in Sussex would attend notwithstanding commentary, but for those of us coming from further afield, there are some for whom this would make a difference. National coverage, even radio coverage, is better than nothing and obtainable everywhere. That isn't the case with Southern Counties. When I had a job which required me to work on Saturdays I had to miss home games from time to time, and the frustration of finding Southern Counties on the internet, hitting 'listen live' and getting Eastbourne Borough versus Mothercare Works Second XI was considerable, let me tell you. So it may have a small bearing on numbers coming from further out, that's all.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I suspect that people in Sussex would attend notwithstanding commentary, but for those of us coming from further afield, there are some for whom this would make a difference. National coverage, even radio coverage, is better than nothing and obtainable everywhere. That isn't the case with Southern Counties. When I had a job which required me to work on Saturdays I had to miss home games from time to time, and the frustration of finding Southern Counties on the internet, hitting 'listen live' and getting Eastbourne Borough versus Mothercare Works Second XI was considerable, let me tell you. So it may have a small bearing on numbers coming from further out, that's all.[/QUOTE
Ok maybe, but one can also listen via the seagulls player online, if not in Sussex.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Sunderland isn't showing up in the Homes Games section.. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here