Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland fan in peace needing a helping hand!

Life and Digital are very busy on Tuesdays when the tsudents are in town
It's August, though.

Still plenty of students, though - mainly language students. My granny (who came from Co Durham) always reckoned she could understand Norwegians more easily than she could understand Londoners.

sunderland fan

Aug 12, 2011
Do you lot think you should sell out for a big team coming to town?!! I think we will have over 1k down, we have a big london branch following! Also if we beat them bastards on the Saturday we will be sure to have a efw extra turn out!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Do you lot think you should sell out for a big team coming to town?!! I think we will have over 1k down, we have a big london branch following! Also if we beat them bastards on the Saturday we will be sure to have a efw extra turn out!

I'm sure the top end of 17/18,000 will be sold for the home team.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Depending on ticket price, I'd be confident of an 18-19,000 crowd.

The away section holds 2,575.

1901 Club members (Prawn Sandwiches) have their tickets automatically. STHs have to buy theirs, but it is the second of three matches in one week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you not a bit previous booking your hotel and trains? Has the actual date been confirmed yet?

We got more than 16,000 for the first round game against Gillingham. They brought about 1,300.

North Stand Chat ENJOYS playing against Sunderland. We sponsored the home league game in 2005, when we beat you 2-1. Sitting at Withdean, in the row in front of the Sunderland directors, was fun. You were 3rd in the table at the time. We were 18th.

Brighton and Hove Albion 2 - 1 Sunderland AFC

19/02/2005
Venue: Withdean Stadium
Attendance: 6,647
Referee: Dermot Gallagher

By Tim Dudding, at Withdean

An outstanding battling performance gave ten-man Albion an impressive and richly deserved win over high-flying Sunderland at Withdean.

Adam Virgo was dismissed by referee Dermot Gallagher on the half-hour mark for a second bookable offence, but goals from Richard Carpenter and Mark McCammon proved enough to give Mark McGhee's side victory.

Julio Arca pulled one back for the Black Cats in the second half to set up a nervous finale, but Albion were resolute and added Sunderland to their impressive list of victims during this campaign.

The Seagulls were already ahead - Carpenter's 26th minute volley from the edge of the box took enough of a deflection off Stephen Wright to beat Thomas Myrhe - when Virgo was sent for an early bath.

The striker-for-the-day picked up his first booking for clattering late into Stephen Caldwell after an aerial challenge, and then in the 30th minute Gallagher decided that Virgo had been too rash with a challenge on Jeff Whitley, and gave the 21-year-old his marching orders.

Albion remained positive however, and with a minute to go before the break, they had doubled their advantage. Presumably Mick McCarthy was furious with his defence at the interval, because McCammon was allowed to rise unchallenged to head home Carpenter's inswinging corner.

As you might expect for a side with ten men, Albion came under some intense pressure in the second period as the visitors desperately tried to find a way back into the game.

Having had little to do in the first period, former Arsenal keeper Rami Shaaban, who was making his debut, suddenly became the busiest man on the park, and he acquitted himself superbly.

In the 56th minute he reacted brilliantly to punch away a thumping volley from substitute Sean Thornton, minutes later he saved low from Arca, and then in the 78th minute he pulled off another good save to once again deny Thornton.

In the 80th minute though Sunderland finally did find the net, when Arca finished a run with a low drive into the corner, but the Seagulls held out for the remaining ten minutes to go ten points clear of the relegation zone.

Albion: (4-4-2) Shaaban; Reid, Hinshelwood, Butters, Harding; Hart, Nicolas, Carpenter; Knight, Virgo, McCammon (Hammond 84). Subs not used: Yelldell (Gk), Cox, Watson, Jones.

Sunderland: (4-4-2) Myhre; Wright, Breen, Caldwell, McCartney; Whitehead (Brown 45), Robinson, Whitley (Thornton 45), Arca; Stewart, Elliott (Bridges 65). Subs not used: Alnwick (Gk), Collins.

Yellow Cards: Knight, Virgo (Brighton); McCartney, Thornton, Wright (Sunderland)

Red Cards: Virgo (Brighton - two bookings)

sunderland fan

Aug 12, 2011
Date confirmed on our website, We have two big trips in a row (Swansea after you on the saturday) so that may hold us back a bit! Plus dont think we will have many first teamers out!

*That defeat kick started our season! We won 8 on the bounce after it IIRC. So you done us a favour ha! Also out team that day shows how far weve come under Sir Niall

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
The Brighton seafront travelodge (ex quality inn) will be your best bet, situated at the bottom of West St. Its in the heart of the nightlife and only 5 mins walk to the train station with Wetherspoons just next door.
The nightlife wont be all that , most of the students are on holiday .
You should'nt get too much bother booking a room baring in mind its a Tuesday and not a weekend.
Hope you enjoy your visit (not too much though cos we are gonna win) :albion2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I work with a lifelong Sunderland fan.

He retires next week and is moving back to the area. Four days before he goes, his boys get drawn against the Albion :facepalm: He can't even delay his return up north for the game because he's bought a Mackems season ticket and they play Newcastle on the Saturday. He's gutted :lol:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

We will find out in the third round.

Sorry but you asked for that.

We got just under 17000 againt a league 2 side so I would guess so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here