Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland fan here

Pirate Jet

Sunderland Fan
Aug 12, 2011
"Sunny" South Shields
I will be taking the long and arduous trek south, could you give me any recommedations on places to drink before and after the game (Most likely after as I'm not confident of a result.)

Looking forward to seeing your new stadium, cheers in advance

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Plenty of pubs in central Brighton. A good few near the railway station & down west street is your usual Weatherspoons', Yeates etc.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Depends how long you have. Most would agree that if you can stay around after the game for a while, you'll miss the long queues for the station. Then again I'm kind of assuming it's not possible to get a train back to South Shields after an evening kick off so you're probably driving or staying over??

In which case they open all the bars in the ground to both sets of fans, so you'd be more than welcome to share a pint of Harveys in there. Or head into the North Laine area of the city where there are plenty of decent pubs. Several people will hilariously suggest you head for Kemp Town by the way, because it's the gayer part of the city. Just thought I'd point that out now.

Pirate Jet

Sunderland Fan
Aug 12, 2011
"Sunny" South Shields
Depends how long you have. Most would agree that if you can stay around after the game for a while, you'll miss the long queues for the station. Then again I'm kind of assuming it's not possible to get a train back to South Shields after an evening kick off so you're probably driving or staying over??

In which case they open all the bars in the ground to both sets of fans, so you'd be more than welcome to share a pint of Harveys in there. Or head into the North Laine area of the city where there are plenty of decent pubs. Several people will hilariously suggest you head for Kemp Town by the way, because it's the gayer part of the city. Just thought I'd point that out now.

Cheers, yeah I'll be staying in Hitchin with a mate. It was either that or spend 20 hours on a coach.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
How many fans do you think you'll bring?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I will be taking the long and arduous trek south, could you give me any recommedations on places to drink before and after the game (Most likely after as I'm not confident of a result.)

Looking forward to seeing your new stadium, cheers in advance

Try the Bulldog in Kemptown. Very friendly .

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
The bars are open at the stadium as edna says. The two nearest to the ground are best avoided. The Swan because it will be packed, and The Hikers is home fans only. In the centre of the city there is every type of pub you can imagine. Depends what you like to drink, and whether you want lively or a quiet drink. I can't wait to see you lot down here, I remember one of the last games of the season at the Goldstone back in the 80s. You were down by the thousands and some of you were wearing grass skirts. I met loads of you in the Wick and we had a brilliant night. So as far as I'm concerned you lot are more than welcome.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If you can....FLY DOWN to Gatwick, about a 30 odd min train to Brighton - No Traffic, no M25 and approx 2 hr journey!

Will work out the same in price as a car!!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Since the move the the new stadium (although only 3 matches in)it looks like pubs near Brighton station will be busy.choice of countless pubs nearby although I think the royal standard is home fans only.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here