Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland cup tie

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
That's pretty good going. Looks like the club has got the pricing policy spot on....... :jester:

Last edited:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
That's not too shabby, especially with all the negativity from STH's when the prices were first announced.
I suspect a lot of people will buy them at the weekend, once they've spoken to friends and family. If we win again on Saturday, the buzz and anticipation will grow ten-fold.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Im sure last nights performance will persuade a few more 'reluctant' fans to part with their cash for a ticket!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I assume that doesn't include the sales for the away end? Assuming they bring a thousand that's 15,500, what about 1901s, is that included? If not it looks like being a big crowd.

Win on Saturday and I reckon we'll have 20,000.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would guess the 1901's are not included as their tickets for cup matches are freebies

I had a count up earlier and there were 53 left for the Peterborough game

Edit: Make that 39

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Expect to see big queues at the ticket office saturday. Was sorely tempted to get a ticket today, but one look at my bank account convinced me to say no. I may weaken on sat morning and try and beat the rush though :)

As for the pricing, the club have been vindicated imo. The fact is WE are worth the admission fee at the moment regardless of the opposition.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I assume that doesn't include the sales for the away end? Assuming they bring a thousand that's 15,500, what about 1901s, is that included? If not it looks like being a big crowd.

Yep, agree with you. Last night will have got a few more people reeled in, and another win on Saturday and we will sell out I am sure.

As for the pricing, the club have been vindicated imo. The fact is WE are worth the admission fee at the moment regardless of the opposition.

just a quick return to the subject esp in light of Andy 'season ticket holders can move seats to save a couple o quid thus demonstrating I know nothing about football fans' Naylor's comments in the Arsegas, I think a lot of people have NOT got a problem with the club, it's the general cost of football that is crippling and comments such as "it cost £30 to get in to Fratton therefore it's ok" don't make it right, yes i'm going, but to see The Albion not the team Naylor refers to as 'a premier league giant'

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Should be a bumper audience, and Sunderland should be the first club to sell the away end.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yep, agree with you. Last night will have got a few more people reeled in, and another win on Saturday and we will sell out I am sure.

If it hasn't already sold out (for Albion fans) by Friday afternoon.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I would assume it does include the 1901 tbh.
Either way looks like at least a couple of thousand season ticket holders haven't bought.

Oh well, hope it sells out anyway regardless of the issue of prices (or not).

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
I would assume it does include the 1901 tbh.
Either way looks like at least a couple of thousand season ticket holders haven't bought.

Oh well, hope it sells out anyway regardless of the issue of prices (or not).

I looked at the online seating plan last night at around 7pm, at that time it looked like at least half the seats were still available. As the majority of these are season ticket holders it looks like there must have been a rush on tickets late last night if over 14,000 now gone.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You really think so?

Yes, big club with fantastic away support, ground they've not been to before, in the middle of the holidays, plus a seaside resort and prices a lot less than they pay in the Prem.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes, big club with fantastic away support, ground they've not been to before, in the middle of the holidays, plus a seaside resort and prices a lot less than they pay in the Prem.

Not a chance. It's 340 miles from Sunderland to Brighton! That's a 680 mile round trip, for a second round Carling Cup tie on a Tuesday night against lower league opposition. Yes we all think the Amex is lovely, but their ground is double the size, it isn't going to be much of a factor for them. I'd be impressed if they brought more than a thousand.

And although they are a big club, they won't have too many Sussex or South East based fans like the likes of Liverpoll or Man Utd would.

Also a return train fare is apparently nearly £200!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Not a chance. It's 340 miles from Sunderland to Brighton! That's a 680 mile round trip, for a second round Carling Cup tie on a Tuesday night against lower league opposition. Yes we all think the Amex is lovely, but their ground is double the size, it isn't going to be much of a factor for them. I'd be impressed if they brought more than a thousand.

And although they are a big club, they won't have too many Sussex or South East based fans like the likes of Liverpoll or Man Utd would.

Also a return train fare is apparently nearly £200!

They have a very large London supporters club apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here