Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland & Connor Wickham

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Wickham looked very average last season when Sunderland came to The Amex.
Must be better strikers out there. If Spurs buy another striker, I would like to see Harry Kane join us on loan.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
According to the Daily Hate today, Wickham is off to Blackburn on a season long loan deal. Perhaps the injury to CKR is worse that they first feared, not to mention Best being rules out for 6mths.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wouldn't mind us trying to get John Guidetti on loan from Man City, He's just the sort of player we're looking for and he's behind some good strikers at City.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
What a day yesterday was! We've been hunting Fletcher all Summer and I was delighted we finally signed him, unlike many supporters who have been dubious about his value. But his capture has been completely overshadowed by the arrival of Adam Johnson. I think we're all pinching ourselves about that.
Like greyseagull I've heard Blackburn may be after Wickham, but they've been linked with a lot of players. Wickham was just beginning to show why he was so highly rated last season, when he picked up a nasty injury and was out for weeks. He barely got a sniff in the first-team after that. I'd like to see him given a chance here but would be even happier if he went to The AMEX on a six month or season long loan and banged the goals in for you.
Fraizer Campbell has been very unlucky. He's had two serious injuries which meant he hardly played in two years. Amazingly, he hit top form straight away after his long absence and scored a wonderful goal against Norwich. It is strongly rumoured that he could be sold but I fear you've little chance of getting him. He was signed by Steve Bruce, who is now in charge of Hull City, which is the club Campbell helped fire into The Premier League when on loan there from manu. A £3m. deal taking him to The KC has been talked about.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What a day yesterday was! We've been hunting Fletcher all Summer and I was delighted we finally signed him, unlike many supporters who have been dubious about his value. But his capture has been completely overshadowed by the arrival of Adam Johnson. I think we're all pinching ourselves about that.
Like greyseagull I've heard Blackburn may be after Wickham, but they've been linked with a lot of players. Wickham was just beginning to show why he was so highly rated last season, when he picked up a nasty injury and was out for weeks. He barely got a sniff in the first-team after that. I'd like to see him given a chance here but would be even happier if he went to The AMEX on a six month or season long loan and banged the goals in for you.
Fraizer Campbell has been very unlucky. He's had two serious injuries which meant he hardly played in two years. Amazingly, he hit top form straight away after his long absence and scored a wonderful goal against Norwich. It is strongly rumoured that he could be sold but I fear you've little chance of getting him. He was signed by Steve Bruce, who is now in charge of Hull City, which is the club Campbell helped fire into The Premier League when on loan there from manu. A £3m. deal taking him to The KC has been talked about.

Johnson is a STEAL, you now have two decent wide man and a big number 9, could be a fun season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here