Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland announcement today,,,

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Looks like he's finally signed.
Now I guess we will find out if his threat of court action against us is actually going to happen. I'd imagine Sunderland make him draw a line under it.
Hopefully that envelope on Bloom's desk marked 'Poyet Court Contingency Fund' will be erased and replaced with 'Premiership Loan Signings'.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hope that this means an end to the proposed legal action but there's no guarantees. If he does drop the matter then good luck to him and hope he does well. If he doesn't he remains an obstacle of sorts to our own progress.

Come on Gus. Do the right thing (for us).

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
To be honest I used to hate it when Gus was linked with some job or other and then failed to deny an interest.

I wonder if he were still with us, and it hadn't gone sour, if we would now be worrying about whether or not he'd be off to Sunderland anyway.

My feeling is we'd about to be looking for a new manager.

This is exactly it and I think must have been an influence on events at the end of last season and over the summer.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It's an interesting one as gus took months to implement his style in league one when expectation was low. He has taken on a serious challenge here as you simply do not get the time in the premier league. Poor results at Swansea (not easy) and Newcastle could see some fans who are not exactly jumping through hoops at his appointment raising a few concerns

It is certainly a test of his credentials

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So finally it's done 'n' dusted. I wish them all well in turning things round up there, although I've got a strong feeling that they'll do just that (after a fashion).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Match of the day will be interesting and the Sunderlands fans reactions when he says that he has always wanted to manage a big club like Leeds or Chelsea and that he cant take Sunderland any further as they have hit the ceiling.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh dear some of these 'ITK' know it alls going to be keeping their heads down. Poyet and Oatway punch up? Oatway a legend and 'hard done' by of a testimonial... hmmm

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Looking forward to seeing Charlie Oatway on the sidelines arguing with the likes of Wenger, Moyes and Pelligrini.

Lovely.

Isn't he already at Charlton?

Correct, and Poyet wouldn't take him to Sunderland in a month of Sundays.

oh REALLY.

You KNOW that do you?

"Poyet will be joined at the Stadium of Light by his backroom staff Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway."

Well done Kev :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"Poyet will be joined at the Stadium of Light by his backroom staff Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway."

Well done Kev :thumbsup:

Lol. To be fair, I read the Charlton connection on Nsc, which just goes to show that Nsc isn't the font of all knowledge. Well, it is in some circumstances!

Doesn't look right does it.

BWCq6Y6IIAApGoX.jpg

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I am skeptical that he will bring a sea change to Sunderland's fortunes. I liked Gus, but his record doesn't suggest he will be able to tactically redirect them. The players he inherited weren't lazy under DiCanio, just not up to Premiership standard as a team imo.
They should take points off their fellow strugglers here and there, but that league has seen several clubs generally considered as being mid-table become forces to be reckoned with.
Perhaps Stoke, Norwich, W.Brom, Cardiff, and palace will capitulate at the Stadium of Light, and perhaps the 'honeymoon period' will garner an unexpected result or two.
I wouldn't bet money on him to keep them up though

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So when is this month of Sundays you speak of happening?

I thought I'd get slated for getting that wrong, never mind the fact the original story was spot on. I didn't think he would take Oatway there. I think Poyet's out of his depth let alone Charlie. So I get the bit about Charlie wrong and a few think that's fuel for taking the micky. No one say's the original poster got the main story spot on. Typical Nsc, like I've said before no wonder people who do know snippets thing twice about posting it on here......Anyway, that's Bridcutt gone, would be surprised if we see him in the stripes again tbh.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I thought I'd get slated for getting that wrong, never mind the fact the original story was spot on. I didn't think he would take Oatway there. I think Poyet's out of his depth let alone Charlie. So I get the bit about Charlie wrong and a few think that's fuel for taking the micky. No one say's the original poster got the main story spot on. Typical Nsc, like I've said before no wonder people who do know snippets thing twice about posting it on here......Anyway, that's Bridcutt gone, would be surprised if we see him in the stripes again tbh.

Wasn't exactly an 'exclusive' though Kev. it was all over the Sunderland board around 7:30 yesterday morning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here