Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland 1 - Spurs 0

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Could be the best thing to happen to Spurs

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
the sleeping giant not woken up yet i see- spudz heve spent very badly theyre going to stuggle to gtet into europe this season ,all this talk of top four is balls

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
spurs were bloody crap, if they think they are going to get in the top 4 playing like that then they are in for a shock.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
From the BBC match report

Sunderland were wasteful from set pieces while Tottenham's attacking threat simmered out after the break, with Paul McShane particularly outstanding at the heart of their defence.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Didn't see any of the game but just caught a few mins of the Wolves Watford game. Please tell me Sky aren't putting adverts on during breaks in play!?!?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
They didn't during the Spurs game. I've got the Wolves game on in the background and did notice an ad in the first half.

Hopefully it was just a mistake then! Had me worried for a bit, what with them having the score at the bottom of the screen and facts scrolling across from time to time.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
McShane had an annoyingly good game today, frustratingly. Ah well.

Which is GOOD news.

I love seeing players who have done well for my club step up a level and enjoy success.

Go Paul McShane, your manager might be a right royal wanker but you and your boys might surprise a lot of people this season.

More so than big spending Spurs who are getting more and more boring with their persistent attempts to hit the big time which every season amounts to the same thing: good effort, not good enough.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Which is GOOD news.

More so than big spending Spurs who are getting more and more boring with their persistent attempts to hit the big time which every season amounts to the same thing: good effort, not good enough.

Which just goes to show that spending lots of money doesn't guarantee success.

I think it is great for McShane and I hope he does well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Jol is losing his player's faith I think, after stoic sticking with failed styles of play last season.
He has the players, yet still sticks with players like Tainio - while Huddlestone, who's a bit too prominent of a force, sits on the bench.

Jol's got to keep a ridiculous amount of quality players happy, so he'll be making equally ridiculous substitutions all season which will cost them matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here