Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday night drink thread

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Is that Tillington near Petworth? Wife and I used to go in there for a meal when we had our pub in Midhurst approx 1998. Food was always very good then but the only downside was as soon as you walked into the pub and before you could order a drink they pushed a menu in your face. Probably changed hands as it was aabout 13 years ago.

Yes, just outside Petworth on the A272, one of my favourite foodie pubs (as opposed to an out and out boozer) on one of my favourite motorbiking roads in the UK, although today I was getting driven by friends so I could have a scoop or two.

Current management certainly don't press menus in your hands as a couple of people we were meeting were a bit late and they just gave us a drink and let us wander into the Beer Garden until they arrived.

Decided to be brave and have Crispy Fried Ox Heart as a starter - absolutely lovely as was the Shoulder of Lamb and the Pinot.

Tip top pub, lovely weather & a scenic drive there and back - bit of a bugger I have to go back to work tomorrow!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
e
Excellent, haven't been there since the last owner sold up to go off and be Will Youngs chef (or something) We used to stay there for a cheeky weekend away...whats the food like now?

Me i've polished off a bottle of nice cold white Cotes Du Rhone as my reward for going to Tesco's and cooking the dinner!

Can I refer you to my last post Re: standard of food & drink? :D - its a little belter of a pub - just noticed I haven't even mentioned the Downs views which were stunning this afternoon- actually this is now depressing me as I have a working week to look forward to which involves me getting on a flight to Bloody Aberdeen on Wednesday for a dry 10 days on an FPSO in the middle of the North Sea :(

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
After a blow out meal and and wine overdose on friday night, I am drinking water for the second evening in a row. The saying " How can something I love so much, hurt me so badly ? " applies.

You lightweight!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here