Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday night, C4. Lost in Translation. Worth watching?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Somebody at work tells me I should watch the beginning, for a 15 second lingering shot of Scarlett Johansson's arse, then turn over.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
hans kraay fan club said:
Somebody at work tells me I should watch the beginning, for a 15 second lingering shot of Scarlett Johansson's arse, then turn over.

That is possibly the only part I actually remember.

Apparently that film is like Marmite. I just didn't get it.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I quite enjoyed it - every 40+ mans dream, i guess.

I don't remember the Scarlett Johanson 'arse' scene, which is a bit disturbing. ???

228_scarlett_johansson.html

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bill Murray is my favourite comic actor behind John Candy and Johannsen is gorgeous but slightly dissapointed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bill Murray is tremendous, but after 45 minutes of this dirge, I discovered I'd chewed my right arm off at the shoulder.
Dull, dull DULL

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Yes, it's great. Superb. Just f***ing lovely.

And not just for Scarlett's tight-pink-knickered cuddliness.
Bill Murray plays it just right, even more than ever, and the final scene while potentially ambiguous is just beautifully intriguing.

Worth watching? Yes, I love it.
But worth watching anyway, even if you end up hating it.
At least then you'll know... ;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
After the Virgin Suicides and her performance in Godfather part III I don't trust that Coppola women as far as I could throw her fat father.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Les Biehn said:
After the Virgin Suicides and her performance in Godfather part III I don't trust that Coppola women as far as I could throw her fat father.

:ohmy:

Yes, I blame her still for the ok-ish-but-ok-isn't-good-enough Godfather III, but Virgin Suicides is great - all right, all right, maybe I love the Dunst even more than Scarlett Johansson but still... novel and film alike are just finefinefine by me...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was only really joking about the Godfather but Virgin suicides is up there with About Shit as the cinematic equivalent of watching a turd dry.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Les Biehn said:
I was only really joking about the Godfather but Virgin suicides is up there with About Shit as the cinematic equivalent of watching a turd dry.

:ohmy: and indeed :ohmy: and, yes, I think this deserves yet another :ohmy:

You're just making it worse for yourself, fella...

I want one of those About Schmidt Winnebago buses, for a start...

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
A great song from My Bloody Valentine, a very slow paced film though but i was a bit pissed when i watched it, it all seems a bit dreamy now.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
SussexSpur said:
Yes, it's great. Superb. Just f***ing lovely.

And not just for Scarlett's tight-pink-knickered cuddliness.
Bill Murray plays it just right, even more than ever, and the final scene while potentially ambiguous is just beautifully intriguing.

Worth watching? Yes, I love it.
But worth watching anyway, even if you end up hating it.
At least then you'll know... ;)

Well summed up. I love the film, think it is very clever and the ending is intriguing and well thought out.

However if you are in to crash, bang, wallop all american action shit then you will hate it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here