Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday League team, who did/do you play for?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Right now can't remember the team I played for as a kid.. can just remember training behind the bowling alleys.

Played for Icklesham a few times in the early eighties and also played a few for Rye.... all as goalkeeper.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Conway Colts 1992-94
Vanrdean Rangers 1994-96
Falmer Athletic 1996-2000

the actual years that I played for them are a bit hazy. :drink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
aymer athletic

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Founder member too. Remember the Celtic Kit we started in???? :)
So who are you then??

Yes, remember it well, it had some dodgy solicitors sponsor on it or something like that!

I am Simon, I spent most of the first year of the club on crutches!... My cousin was Marc who also played!... Jonny Walls' Green n' White Army :clap:

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
For what it's worth..
Upper Beeding all Age groups 1972-1976 1st/2nd Teams untill I had to work
Southwick Youth 78/80
Sunday Football
Saints 78/81 ?
Steyning Social Club 81/83
Bit of a break
Royal Soverign 89/92?
Retired early as own business.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Definately played against your lot a few times in the early 80s.

we were dreadful

I played in goal when we lost 17-1 at Ilex in Worthing. And I had a blinder saving two penalties. Our centrakl defenders didn't like heading the ball:angry:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Our central defenders didn't like heading the ball

That is what did me in as regards playing 11-a-side. I ended up playing centre-half - and used to spend what seemed like entire games heading a ball plummeting from the heavens.

Then my brother explained to me what happens to your brain when heading the ball (take a full yoghurt pot and quickly slosh it backwards and forwards). Plus if you play in a London league - there is a lot of travelling. And that was it for me.

I took up rowing. And they were happy days.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Kingston Broadway's legendary one paced left back, just about to start my 16th season, at least 8 of which have been my farewell season:goal:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I used to play for Fishersgate Flyers and for the last three years, Seagulls Club, am now playing for Saltdean under 18's

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Yes, remember it well, it had some dodgy solicitors sponsor on it or something like that!

I am Simon, I spent most of the first year of the club on crutches!... My cousin was Marc who also played!... Jonny Walls' Green n' White Army :clap:

That was a great season. I played too and joined with Alan. Shame Jonny had togive up the manager bit. Last time I swa him he was selling programmes at Withdean. Great bloke!!
i remember us all going on a team bonding exercise to Priestfield and we allgot hammered. Well funny!! What was the fanzine we used to appear in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here