Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sun tan cream that wont run when you sweat ( from sport!!!! )

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Cheers. I'll give that one a go:)

The Calypso contains perfume. If you get prickly heat or hives you need a sunscreen made specifically for sun sensitive skin and perfume free .. Some of the ingredients will only react once you reach certain temperatures and there's nothing fun about finding this out when you're already on holiday somewhere hot. Plus a one a day can block pores and make prickly heat worse. Not saying it definitely won't be ok for you but if you know the Uvistat works from experience I'd say stick with it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Another vote for P20 here. Use it when coaching and playing cricket here in UK but I also used it for a month while coaching in Uganda and Kenya and a factor 30 allowed me to tan gradually, not burning at all, even in 30 degree on the equator sun.

As others have said, it's sold as an apply once waterproof application, it comes in spay or lotion and is clear so no problems with runs.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
The Calypso contains perfume. If you get prickly heat or hives you need a sunscreen made specifically for sun sensitive skin and perfume free .. Some of the ingredients will only react once you reach certain temperatures and there's nothing fun about finding this out when you're already on holiday somewhere hot. Plus a one a day can block pores and make prickly heat worse. Not saying it definitely won't be ok for you but if you know the Uvistat works from experience I'd say stick with it.

I'll stick with it in that case. Prickly heat is a nightmare!

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
200ML of P20 purchased - Cheers All

now we will find out

Jonsey

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013

I'll stick with it in that case. Prickly heat is a nightmare!

Petunia if you can start acclimatising your skin now. Before we discovered I have to avoid the sun altogether my doc told me to start off at 2 minutes a day then keep upping by a minute every few days to get my skin better prepared by the time the full sun came out. I never got as far as finding out if it would work but it might help. And you have my sympathy - hope the advice helps a bit.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Petunia if you can start acclimatising your skin now. Before we discovered I have to avoid the sun altogether my doc told me to start off at 2 minutes a day then keep upping by a minute every few days to get my skin better prepared by the time the full sun came out. I never got as far as finding out if it would work but it might help. And you have my sympathy - hope the advice helps a bit.

Thanks Miffy. The first time I tried Ultrasun was in Australia. I came back with a fab tan.....................and not a prickle in sight!! I'll stick with it even if it's more expensive than the others - it sure works for me. I also use a tan accelerator from around March and that seems to help too. Roll on summer:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here