Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

summers over for good

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Why is not-hot weather crap?

How do you think this 'green and pleasant' land managed to survive thus far?

The British are pathetic when it comes to weather. Moan, moan, moan.

I went in to my local shop (Sallys Store) and asked how rather fine checkout girl was. She answered about the weather. I told her I was asking about HER and she said that all anyone ever talks about, to her, is the weather.

We don't have any sort of extreme and we are lucky on that front.

Hot, cold, wet, windy... You can still have fun. Get a grip.

Nope, have to disagree, rain all summer is shit weather.

I've been back in Brighton for the last month, looking foward to getting back to the Sun next week.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd say there's still a chance for a warmer spell into next week.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Why is not-hot weather crap?

How do you think this 'green and pleasant' land managed to survive thus far?

The British are pathetic when it comes to weather. Moan, moan, moan.

I went in to my local shop (Sallys Store) and asked how rather fine checkout girl was. She answered about the weather. I told her I was asking about HER and she said that all anyone ever talks about, to her, is the weather.

We don't have any sort of extreme and we are lucky on that front.

Hot, cold, wet, windy... You can still have fun. Get a grip.

Summer should have clear blue skies and warm temperatures (i.e. over 25 degrees) for more than 1 week of the year. It makes everyone so much happier. I don't mind rubbish weather in Autumn, Winter, even Spring, but summer should be much better than we've had for the past few years.`

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Haven't the weather forecasters predicted a heatwave for September

Where have you heard this?

Getting married in September, so this is exactly what I'm looking for.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
After this "summer" I have now made the conclusion that the UK doesn't have a "summer." It's a season that no longer exists, and should be wiped off the calender and be replaced with "A rainy few months."

I am not going to get my hopes up next "summer" and I will not build my expectations and hopes of good weather. It never happens. f*** this country.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
After this "summer" I have now made the conclusion that the UK doesn't have a "summer." It's a season that no longer exists, and should be wiped off the calender and be replaced with "A rainy few months."

I am not going to get my hopes up next "summer" and I will not build my expectations and hopes of good weather. It never happens. f*** this country.

It's nearly always warmer from June - August, but the rainfall isn't really much different from any other time of year. You could always go and live somewhere where it's always sunny, nothing is stopping you.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
It's nearly always warmer from June - August, but the rainfall isn't really much different from any other time of year. You could always go and live somewhere where it's always sunny, nothing is stopping you.

If I could live abroad I would.

But marmite is hard to find.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
If I could live abroad I would.

But marmite is disgusting black sludge.

EFA

Anyway, I saw a good comment on that BBC article that just about sums up my thoughts:

"Oh yes. Lovely. 30 degrees in the office. 27 degrees at home. Invaded by thunder bugs and moths. Sweating in bed. Yup, gotta love summer ... sign me up for vast swathes of snow any day."

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

To give you an idea as to how cool a year it has been, most likely 2012, will be the poorest summer this century.

To back up the above statement, I usually recommend that 20 degrees (or 68 in fahrenheit) is the minimum temperature, before one can call a day warm or pleasant and to grab that deckchair or to sit out in the garden without any layers!

The below records are for a minimum of 20 degrees having been recorded at Shoreham Airport in recent years:

2001 51
2002 46
2003 82
2004 66
2005 66
2006 82
2007 48
2008 40
2009 61
2010 57

Average 60 days

The average per month is:

May 5.4 days
June 8.5
July 15.5
Aug 19
Sep 9.3
Oct 0.4

The stats for 2012 so far are:

May 8
June 1
July 8

......a mere 17 days.
Therefore we need at least 23 days during August/September to hit 40, otherwise this will be the coolest summer of late. The temperature hasn't hit 20 yet this month, though a warm spell is predicted for next week.

As for sunshine (or lack of) & rainfall.............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here