Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

summers over for good

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just confirms how lucky I was to have had last week off to go camping!

Indian summer perhaps?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Haven't the weather forecasters predicted a heatwave for September

I have not heard that one.. I'm trying to get my new allotment going with stuff so it would be rather helpful to me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why is not-hot weather crap?

How do you think this 'green and pleasant' land managed to survive thus far?

The British are pathetic when it comes to weather. Moan, moan, moan.

I went in to my local shop (Sallys Store) and asked how rather fine checkout girl was. She answered about the weather. I told her I was asking about HER and she said that all anyone ever talks about, to her, is the weather.

We don't have any sort of extreme and we are lucky on that front.

Hot, cold, wet, windy... You can still have fun. Get a grip.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have not heard that one.. I'm trying to get my new allotment going with stuff so it would be rather helpful to me.

I have lost virtually every plant to the weather and slugs thus year but am hoping to plant out some more runners in the hope that a late summer will bring them on.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have lost virtually every plant to the weather and slugs thus year but am hoping to plant out some more runners in the hope that a late summer will bring them on.

Apart from runners and chillies I've done very well, strange because [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] has had a nightmare year along with many others and he lives very close to me! Gave away 3 ton of lettuce yesterday!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
worst year for slugs and snails in a long long time. Unbelievable and the little bastards not only feasted on every plant in my garden but seem to thrive on the slug pellets that I finally succumbed to putting down

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Why is not-hot weather crap?

How do you think this 'green and pleasant' land managed to survive thus far?

The British are pathetic when it comes to weather. Moan, moan, moan.

I went in to my local shop (Sallys Store) and asked how rather fine checkout girl was. She answered about the weather. I told her I was asking about HER and she said that all anyone ever talks about, to her, is the weather.

We don't have any sort of extreme and we are lucky on that front.

Hot, cold, wet, windy... You can still have fun. Get a grip.
That's all well and good, and I'm not one of these people who let's the weather get in the way of my life, but things just seem so much better when the sun is shining. Is it really so much to ask for an extra few weeks of sun?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Its all down to our newly sewn pitch. The rain had to be endured. Wait for next summer.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Definitely took the warm weather for granted when i lived in Australia.. Here you feel like you have wasted a summers day if you don't go out, unlike in Australia where you can spend a whole month during summer inside and know you still have another 6 months of warm sunshine.

D

Deleted member 18477

I thought it was quite pleasant today if I'm honest. 20 degrees.. Bit of sun. At least you can do stuff unlike when it's 30 degrees where the only thing you can do is sweat! (different on holiday because you just lie down and jump in a pool).

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I thought it was quite pleasant today if I'm honest. 20 degrees.. Bit of sun. At least you can do stuff unlike when it's 30 degrees where the only thing you can do is sweat! (different on holiday because you just lie down and jump in a pool).

It was nice here when the sun was out the problem was that it kept suddenly raining with no real warning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here