Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summerise your 2008

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
2008. Partied loads and to excess. Met a few ladies on the way. Great year music-wise. Went to lots of gigs. An unforgettable match against Man City. Discovered a bloke that sells wicked Mandy.

Yeah. Not too bad thanks.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surviving at work - although no pay rise, no Christmas bonus and ever-rising bills make things financially tight. Only watched the Albion four times in 2008, my lowest amount since my second year of going to games, 2009 will probably be even fewer.

On the other hand. I still have a job, I have a roof over my head, I have a wife and two lovely kids and I'm still healthy....things could be worse.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
An eventful year for all the wrong reasons...

Jan - My Grandad passed away.
May - Got jilted by girlfriend of three years, and nearly lost my job on the same day!!!
June-December - Moping around, not really going anywhere trying to get over said EX girlfriend.

The best moment of the year, for sheer EUPHORIA was the win against Man City. That was a great evening.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Looking forward to 2009, 2008 was dire but for all the wrong reasons, and mostly I only have myself to blame! So onwards and upwards for me, Zef (and Arty)..... :afro:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Work contract that I loved ended and gave up my few remaining self emp clients to take a full time 1 year contract. Got sacked after 3 days! Now totally unemployed and skint!

Met my man in July thanks to the Buzzer and TMLS introduction agency. Still going well after 5 months and hopefully moving to Surry to live with him next Summer

In contrast, 2007 was great for work and shit for relationships! So I'm hoping that in 2009, both work and relationship will be good!

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
January celebrated 25th wedding anniversary - good
May son went to Australia - not so good
August had major surgery with one complication after another.
September serious mistake on the part of the hospital discovered and which I thought the time had come to meet my maker.
December just about back on track after said mistake.
December got made redundant.
December got a new job starting in two weeks time

Overall not a very good year but at least there is only another couple of days left of it and then a new start all round :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Feb -chnaged departments at work after 8 years, no more train commuting
jun-Sept - decent cricket season and a terrific holiday
Oct - 50th. Nice to know I had so many good friends
Dec - not sure about work for next year.....cut backs in the states, hopefully we will escape.

2009 - who knows

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Not much happened Jan to Feb
Golf holiday with mates Lisbon in March
5th daughter born in April
Holiday with kids to Disney Paris August

And my business is growing with YOY 40 percent increase in turnover

Good year !!!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Family: all healthy and my daughter doing well at school. Interesting holiday in Marrakech in May.

Work: I work in a larger public organisation in the library/museum sector and I have been covering 2 additional vacant management posts for the year. Although it has not led to any more money for me it has earned me considerable brownie points which could help me when our staffing is inevitably cut in coming years to pay for Gordon's bail out of the banks. So, not a bad year work-wise but tough times ahead.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Fantastic year for me.

Jan- June : the time of my life in my first year at Uni, lucky enough to be put in a flat with people who I now consider my best mates, absolute quality.

Summer :

- worked a lot over the holidays to recoup the debt I amassed whilst at uni.
- had trip to Spain with uni paid for, due to someone pulling out at last minute with illness. I will never forget the Bernabeau
- enjoyable holiday to France with family.
- fantastic visit to see my grandma in lake disrict.
- Delighted to nearly average a 2-1 in first year.

Aug/Nov :

- Move into new house with flatmates from last year. Brilliant house, brilliant start to the academic year.
- Get a new job at uni to help keep myself above board financially. Not the greatest job, but have stuck it out.
- Uni work going fairly well, dealing better with the stress and far fewer horrifically late nights.

Overall, a fantastic year.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My father died. He first took me to the Goldstone many moons ago. I said I'd return the favour by taking him to our new stadium...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here