Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Summer virus - how is it for you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find this somewhat reassuring.
I was concerned that the additional booze session for the Euro final might have done me some damage as I started feeling most peculiar on Monday afternoon.

Pretty much all the above symptoms.

I was most disturbed by frequent 'senior' moments over the last few days as this was very unusual for me. Bit like being stoned (last time for me was 1992).

Went to prepare a delicious pork larb yesterday and then realised I had cooked it the day before as there was a labelled portion in the fridge.
When I went to take the bin out I was halfway down the stairs when I realised I was wearing odd shoes.
Been lying on the sofa for a few days watching TV. I can remember what I watched but can't recall much detail.

Feeling more astute today and less fatigued. When the cloud clears I shall go for a dip in the sea. That should brighten me up .

... Until I get ill due to Southern Water's greed and incompetence.
It is a thing, then. Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Has covid replaced “flu” or “heavy/chest/head cold” as the get out for excusing yourself from something you don’t want to attend?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I appreciate my OP post is long and that many people find long posts objectionable (apparently - :lolol: ) but I was specifically referring to weird symptoms that are NOT covid (negative tests). I personally wouldn't even bother with a COVID test these days so @Arthur's comments about data are correct - not even as reliable now as in May 2020. I happen to know our malaise isn't COVID because Mrs T did a test.

Thanks for your good wishes @Arthur. And shared with others suffering presently :thumbsup:
Are the newer tests capable of picking up the newer varieties of Covid as well as the earlier strains?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I had two days off work last week because of a virus, it started with a sore throat and then sore back/ribs and feeling wiped out.

I know three other parents from my son's school who had it within days of each other so we were probably all passing it on.

I'm commuting most days and there are really obvious periods where I can hear loads of coughing on every train. Lasts roughly a week and then goes back to normal. Happens every couple of months. I just assume its a new dose of covid doing the rounds.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I currently have Covid.

Fever, brain fog, general acheyness and lethargy, and a very persistent chesty cough.

0/10, do not recommend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here