Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sully not well - send a card/offer practical help/donate via GoFundMe page please

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Going to see Sully tomorrow and will be showing him all the latest messages

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bounce

Ghost of Killer Reeves

Oct 3, 2020
Somerset
Just gone through my box of memories and have found programmes from our 1976 League Cup run complete with John Vinicombe’s Argus reports. Ipswich Town away, 0-0, just the one football special for that. 2-1 at the Goldstone against England’s Beattie and Mills
Next up West Brom away, 2-0 win.Teachers and prefects running around Brighton station taking names of kids who bunked off to catch several special trains. Peter Ward double. Willie Johnston sent off for kicking the ref’s backside. Appointment with Headmaster next morning.
Then Derby County, 1-1 at home. Peter Ward after 37 seconds. I think this would have been televised in a highlights package but the floodlights weren’t up to it. I wonder if Sully would like these? They will probably end up in landfill when I’m gone.
Many thanks for what you’ve done.
Have you ever seen a Seagull **** a Ram?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just gone through my box of memories and have found programmes from our 1976 League Cup run complete with John Vinicombe’s Argus reports. Ipswich Town away, 0-0, just the one football special for that. 2-1 at the Goldstone against England’s Beattie and Mills
Next up West Brom away, 2-0 win.Teachers and prefects running around Brighton station taking names of kids who bunked off to catch several special trains. Peter Ward double. Willie Johnston sent off for kicking the ref’s backside. Appointment with Headmaster next morning.
Then Derby County, 1-1 at home. Peter Ward after 37 seconds. I think this would have been televised in a highlights package but the floodlights weren’t up to it. I wonder if Sully would like these? They will probably end up in landfill when I’m gone.

Thanks they would be great. I'll PM you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Full update tomorrow hopefully including news about Newcastle.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have the club agreed a collection can take place at the Newcastle game ?

Hopefully be able to comment further later this week. If it does it will be leaflets with Qr code to donate. The reason is not many people carry cash these days but most have smart phones so link is easily used.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Great memories, I was at all of those games and clearly recall your last sentence being sung, shame we lost.. It was also the first time I ever had mushy peas at a chip shop near the Baseball Ground.

I'm sure Sully would have fabulous memories of those games (well I hope he does, my Mum had something similar to what happened to Sully and retained some very good memories of things that happened decades before, if not anything recent :down:), they are amongst my best ever memories of the Albion . Punching above our weight BIG TIME

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I was wondering if any approach was made to club about having a collection fo Sully at the Newcastle game

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I had a reliable report from a co-volunteer who knows Sully well and drinks with him at the Royal Standard in Shoreham. He is apparently doing much better, was seen chatting with shoppers at Tesco Holmbush. My contact said: ' he doesn't have dementia'.

Hopefully good news!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I had a reliable report from a co-volunteer who knows Sully well and drinks with him at the Royal Standard in Shoreham. He is apparently doing much better, was seen chatting with shoppers at Tesco Holmbush. My contact said: ' he doesn't have dementia'.

Hopefully good news!

Maybe an update from Piltdown Man

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was wondering if any approach was made to club about having a collection fo Sully at the Newcastle game

Yes and the club helped but Sully's "partner" has declined. I can't say anymore.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maybe an update from Piltdown Man

I'd be careful about what is said if honest. He has a form of dementia, the exact form is yet to be determined and yes, I've seen the doctors letter of confirmation. Those that drink, or at least used to, with Sully haven't helped the situation. I can and perhaps will go into further detail another time. For the time being I'm stepping back from day to day. There's some close to him who need to stop acting for themselves and need to think of Sully. It is hugely detrimental to his well being.

I will continue to administer the fund, all funds currently collected have been transferred to help Sully, and liaise with the PFA and the club representatives.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is his health better ?

He is certainly better than he was as he recovers from the bleed to the brain. It's early days.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'd be careful about what is said if honest. He has a form of dementia, the exact form is yet to be determined and yes, I've seen the doctors letter of confirmation. Those that drink, or at least used to, with Sully haven't helped the situation. I can and perhaps will go into further detail another time. For the time being I'm stepping back from day to day. There's some close to him who need to stop acting for themselves and need to think of Sully. It is hugely detrimental to his well being.

I will continue to administer the fund, all funds currently collected have been transferred to help Sully, and liaise with the PFA and the club representatives.

Thanks and apologies if I've shared some false hope.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here