Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sullivan

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Two solid performances from Sullivan. Really pleased for him that when his chance has come he's proved more than worthy.

I'd still like to stick with Kuipers but make sure we use Sullivan whenever he is needed rather than seek a loanee like we did with Flinders that time.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sully has been excellent.

Not sayng that he has taken the No1 position from Kuipers, however we have won both games with him in goal so i see no reason that Kuipers should come back in yet

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I think people just use the same old 'Kuipers cant kick' excuse to make any other keeper sounds good.

The facts are that Kuipers has improved his kicking alot in the last few years and is now at the standard as any other keeper in the league.

No it certainly isn't !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sullivan, with experience, will be a great keeper for us, if we can keep hold of him. Kuipers is still number1 though at this moment in time.

How can you say that Sullivans kicking is better than Kuipers??

From the hands, yes, but on the floor from a backpass or goal kick dont think so!

Are you being serious? Sullivan's kicking is better in all areas then Kuipers.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Loved the way in the second half that - from a goal kick - he saw that we were two on two up front and kicked it long. Didn't come to anything but easily could have.

Brilliant that we have a superb young second keeper who can cover for injuries and will eventually take over from Michel. Fair play to him too for biding his time in the reserves and taking his chance without any sign of nerves.

:thumbsup:

yep, and at hartlepool their keeper had exactly the same problems

Yes it took about 5 -6 goal kicks before Kuipers' realised that if you moved the ball to the other side of the six yard box the ball although will still swerve massively when kicked, by moving it that far over it will still stay in play!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here