Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sullivan

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Better than Kuipers or not ?

Very impressed with him and cannot understand why he was at least not involved in the JPT games.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Jesus christ,jumping the gun a bit.Lets just wait untill he has 50 games under his belt.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I thaught he did well with the conditions today, his kicking from his hand is phenominal, but from the floor needs work before he could be considered for a perminant replacement for FDM.

All in all he will be a good player.

One other point, I was watching the goalies warm up and Kuipers was very encouraging towards Sullivan which is good to see.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Certainly a good start.. I see no reason for Kuipers to come straight back in untill Sullivan makes a mistake.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the critical point is the kicking and Sullivan is a lot better at it.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I thaught he did well with the conditions today, his kicking from his hand is phenominal, but from the floor needs work before he could be considered for a perminant replacement for FDM.

All in all he will be a good player.

One other point, I was watching the goalies warm up and Kuipers was very encouraging towards Sullivan which is good to see.

AJ

" and Kuipers was very encouraging towards Sullivan which is good to see"

Agreed.

Do you think he will continue to be as encoraging to Sullivan.

If he keeps his place in the team? ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
his kicking gave us an extra dimenson, like every keeper who has come in to replace Kuipers we play differently because of it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How can you say that Sullivans kicking is better than Kuipers??

From the hands, yes, but on the floor from a backpass or goal kick dont think so!

Quite simply by watching them both, not as if Sullivan slices them is it ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
AJ

" and Kuipers was very encouraging towards Sullivan which is good to see"

Agreed.

Do you think he will continue to be as encoraging to Sullivan.

If he keeps his place in the team? ???

Thats a rather silly comment.Kuipers has been there and done it.He knows the lad is a rookie and will encourage him no end.Kuipers is a bloody good bloke in life too.He won't hold a grudge and that i'm confident.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
How can you say that Sullivans kicking is better than Kuipers??

From the hands, yes, but on the floor from a backpass or goal kick dont think so!

???

Sullivan just hooked a couple to the left but at least he got the distance. If Kuipers had been kicking into that wind today they would have back-spun out for a corner!!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think people just use the same old 'Kuipers cant kick' excuse to make any other keeper sounds good.

The facts are that Kuipers has improved his kicking alot in the last few years and is now at the standard as any other keeper in the league.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Didn't have a great deal to do today, but what he had to do, he did well. His kicking was a bit wayward at times, but in the first half wind that was to be expected.

But, as Badger pointed out he hasn't had to make a match winning save in either of the two games he's played in. I'd like to see him fully tested before making a judgement on if he should replace our No. 1.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Thats a rather silly comment.Kuipers has been there and done it.He knows the lad is a rookie and will encourage him no end.Kuipers is a bloody good bloke in life too.He won't hold a grudge and that i'm confident.

Algie

You are of course right and I hope it is the case.

It is one of those problems that teams have, when they have two good goalkeepers?

Not so much a problem for the outfield where it it is rarely such a one on one choice to be made?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here