Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggests for a nice pubs / bars for 1st date

Jozza

Aug 8, 2011
another vote for Hotel Du Vin although be careful not to set a precedent it can get quite costly!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
The Windmill's a good shout, or if either of didn't like that then you've got The Hampton opposite or The Craft Beer Co. just a little further along.

Even closer to the station, I can imagine The Earth & Stars or The Great Eastern being quite good for a first date or if you were thinking of having something to eat as well, maybe even bangers & mash at The Shakespeare's Head between Seven Dials and Preston Circus :banana:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
If she doesn't fancy a drink, you could do worse than take her in Bankers, the sit-down fish and chips place on Western Road near Montpellier Road. Went in there yesterday for the first time, and the service, grub and value was top notch. My next 'first date' will deffo be in there :smile:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
On to page three and nobody's posted this yet, standards are slipping.

worthless.gif

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
If you want to be slick.. Hotel du Vin or Pub du Vin

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Can't believe nobody has recommended The Hikers Rest on Coldean Lane. People are slipping here for sure. Fantastic Pub for a romantic night out. The Mural in the Gents Bog is very romantic. Well I love it anyway.......

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can't believe nobody has recommended The Hikers Rest on Coldean Lane. People are slipping here for sure. Fantastic Pub for a romantic night out. The Mural in the Gents Bog is very romantic. Well I love it anyway.......

We're becoming soft.

Has someone suggested the bulldog yet? :D

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
What a truly horrifc pub. I once saw two guys fighting in there over a game of pool, it only ended after one of the guys started to bite the other guys head whilst they were in mid wrestle.

The one & only time I went in there I moved a stool from the bar for my girlfriend to sit near the pool tables when a lovely gentleman said in front of the girlfriend & I , I hate it when strangers come in our pub & start moving the furniture around c@nts I would of hit him but he was bigger than me , quickest pint I ever drank

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Smugglers in the Lanes.

Nice pub with a good atmosphere since it's been done up although a bit pricey. Guaranteed she'll let you shag her after a few drinks there. :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Go to one of Brighton's many hotel bars. And seductively place a room key on the table.Of course do all the traditional and necessary conversation first,then 10:15 ish wham. In like Flynn son. Good luck.

Are you a date rapist?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A couple of suggestions: Hotel Du Vin, KOBA, Riki Tik or Bohemia. All very nice, classy bars.

Riki Tiks and the word classy do not belong in the same sentance.

Northern Lights or what used to be the Tin Drum on the Dials, women seem to like that place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here