Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggests for a nice pubs / bars for 1st date

Dec 18, 2003
Haywards Heath
Morning All,

Looking for some advise from the wonderful world that is NSC. I've got a first date with a girl tomorrow eve and was looking for some suggestions for decent pubs/bars in Brighton?

I know of one or two, but thought there may be some hidden gems I didn't know about?! Ideally within walking distance of Brighton Station.

Ta

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i have a strange feeling most of the suggestions put to you will not fit your criteria

D

Deleted User X18H

Go to one of Brighton's many hotel bars. And seductively place a room key on the table.Of course do all the traditional and necessary conversation first,then 10:15 ish wham. In like Flynn son. Good luck.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Weatherspoons, George Street.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The new micro brewery used to be the 'Florist'......

500 different beers and ales in posh surroundings. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The new micro brewery used to be the 'Florist'......

500 different beers and ales in posh surroundings. :)

Whilst Craft Beer Co is an excellent pub it isn't a micro brewery. It sells small batch beers from micro breweries though. I had a couple of pints and a cheese board in there last night. It's on Upper North St.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Try 'Brewery Tap' North Laine area

http://www.mybrewerytap.com/bars/brighton.html

Does food, which is excellent too. But brilliant selection of drinks, has 3 floors, worth a shout

Has this place picked up again? I went a few times when it first opened and loved it but then they seemed to loose all the interesting beers and only sell the more known and common ones. Disappointing.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
The Eddy used to be decent and good food too although not been in for a while. Maybe someone else can confirm if it's still good.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'd say the Font. Had a bit of a make over from the old live band nights of the 90's. Lighting is subtle and its big enough (especially upstairs) with nice sofas so can get your Date nicely ratted and have your wicked way in peace.........

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst Craft Beer Co is an excellent pub it isn't a micro brewery. It sells small batch beers from micro breweries though. I had a couple of pints and a cheese board in there last night. It's on Upper North St.

I was pretty impressed with the place when I went in the other evening, even if there was a bit too much copper and brass for my liking.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
A couple of suggestions: Hotel Du Vin, KOBA, Riki Tik or Bohemia. All very nice, classy bars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here