Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sue%20Sim%20DCC.JPG

Peter-Crouch-0915.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shes a bit Juliet Bravo

See I only remember the one from Juliet Bravo as having very short hair, but this DVD appears to contradict that slightly.

While we're on the subject, I used to watch it occasionally as a kid in the 1980s (or at least the folks must have done) and it was at least ten YEARS after the programme finished before I realised Juliet Bravo wasn't the name of the female copper :facepalm:

54555-large.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I never watched it but I just assumed she was called Juliet Bravo even if it wasn't her real name

*phew*

I just looked it up, the character was called Inspector Kate Longton. Juliet Bravo being a callsign or something like that.

Anyway, back to Chief Constable Hair:

6a00c2252293c4604a00e398c496ee0005-500pi

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I've just come out of the Bib & Tucker, and a few were commenting at 6ish that she looked like the evil chicken farmers wife from Wallace & Grommit. How spooky

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
I pointed her out on the telly to my mother.

She said "Well, as soon as she knew she was going on tv, she went and got her hair done!"

WHAT! Thats after she's had it done ???????

Plus half a dozen valium so she can talk s l o w l y .........

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
While we're on the subject, I used to watch it occasionally as a kid in the 1980s (or at least the folks must have done) and it was at least ten YEARS after the programme finished before I realised Juliet Bravo wasn't the name of the female copper :facepalm:

i used to watch this as a kid or as you say the parents were watching it and i could never work out why all the male policemen always called her mum!!!!:jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

i used to watch this as a kid or as you say the parents were watching it and i could never work out why all the male policemen always called her mum!!!!:jester:

Still goes on to this day, anyone of the rank of Inspector or higher is addressed as Ma'am or sir. Or Guv or occasionally boss if you know them well enough to get away with it.

All hail Ma'am Hair.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I do find it sad that whenever a woman achieves anything and reaches public prominence, the comments are always about her looks, hairstyle, clothes, shoes, or make-up (see Ann Widdecombe's looks, Theresa May's shoes, Jacqui Smith's decolletage etc). It's something we never - or hardly ever - hear about men in the public eye.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do find it sad that whenever a woman achieves anything and reaches public prominence, the comments are always about her looks, hairstyle, clothes, shoes, or make-up (see Ann Widdecombe's looks, Theresa May's shoes, Jacqui Smith's decolletage etc). It's something we never - or hardly ever - hear about men in the public eye.

I have already questioned this very issue myself and, as a female, do feel slightly guilty about raising it. But on this occasion I feel it justified as it really is quite immense :thumbsup:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

No, because we never hear about Gordon Brown's gammy eye and loose jaw, or Boris Johnson's mad hair, or Ken Clarke's ruffled suits.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Still goes on to this day, anyone of the rank of Inspector or higher is addressed as Ma'am or sir. Or Guv or occasionally boss if you know them well enough to get away with it.

All hail Ma'am Hair.

Edna, how does she become a Temp. Chief Constable? Perhaps she was at the hairdressers at the time and will get it finished whet they catch Moat .
Hasn't even got an LSM.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, because we never hear about Gordon Brown's gammy eye and loose jaw, or Boris Johnson's mad hair, or Ken Clarke's ruffled suits.

We're talking about people who have been in the public eye for years - in Brown and Clarke's cases 30 years and I'm willing to bet anything you like that if we track back newspaper reports in that period of time, there'll be no mention of eyes or suits - I've spoken to people within the last five or six years who weren't aware that Brown was blind in one eye so it's scarcely been the most prominent thing about them. And for years, the only thing I knew about Johnson was that he was involved in a plot to threaten a journalist.

Here's a woman who's only been in the public eye a couple of days and all the focus is on her appearance - it's completely different from the cases you mention.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
She may only be here for a short while. The major cock ups her force have committed will undoubtedly end her career. Hair today gone tomorrow

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
She may only be here for a short while. The major cock ups her force have committed will undoubtedly end her career. Hair today gone tomorrow

She might get away with it... she is only the Tempoary Chief Constable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here