Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Substitutions today

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
Agree 100%. IF I am right and McShane does not come here next season, and IF I get my wish of Hinsh and El Abd in the middle, then we still have Reid or Harty to play right back. Either way, defence is SORTED. Right, now the rest of the team......

It is sorted, assuming of course that (and to quote Easy10) McGhee doesn't keep 'dicking around' with it:glare:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Given that el abd was preparing to come on before they scored it made sense, but when the scored he looked to Bob Booker as if to say "am i stil going on?" and Bob told him to put his shirt on. Baffling decision! El abd could have gone to left wing to give lynch a bit more protection, i would have been able to understand if that were the case but moving harty out of position to accomodate el abd at right midfield was totally pointless imho. Absolute madness i tell thee.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The flanks deteriorated as the game progressed with a lot of surface on the few remaining green patches, it's heavy going for wingers and it's noticeable that Luton swapped both of their wingers. Carole would have been wasted on the pitch as it needed grafters rather than finesse, the ball was sticking or skidding therefore both teams tended to hoof rather than pass.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Easy 10 said:
I live in hope.
But I'd have no probs with El Abd at centreback either, he's proved he's up to the task. I just wish McGhee would stop dicking him about.

I'll always maintain that McGhee is tactically clueless and technically inept. We can and should do better next year.

:nono:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dodd--El-Abd--Hinsh--Lynch for next season.

El-Abd on for Frutos was tactical clearly, football could not be played on that pitch so shore up the team and put someone on who will put himself about, is strong and will force the other team into errors.

Hart to LM was a bad decision, he had had no impact on the right so what was the point of putting him on the left.

Gatting looked lively and strong up front, CKR looked knackered.

Carole in the last minute, your guess is as good as mine. And not just for the predictably woeful corner.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Les Biehn said:
Dodd--El-Abd--Hinsh--Lynch for next season.

El-Abd on for Frutos was tactical clearly, football could not be played on that pitch so shore up the team and put someone on who will put himself about, is strong and will force the other team into errors.

Hart to LM was a bad decision, he had had no impact on the right so what was the point of putting him on the left.

Gatting looked lively and strong up front, CKR looked knackered.

Carole in the last minute, your guess is as good as mine. And not just for the predictably woeful corner.

Read on here somewhere that Dodd was retiring!?

Incidently, on a completely unrelated note, how BAD is Lynch's distribution

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
Read on here somewhere that Dodd was retiring!?

Shit, really. OGH then

Withdean Wanderer said:
Incidently, on a completely unrelated note, how BAD is Lynch's distribution

Not as bad as people make out. It still isn't great though. However his defending, pace and heading are all excellent. His distribution will improve.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Les Biehn said:
Shit, really. OGH then

Not as bad as people make out. It still isn't great though. However his defending, pace and heading are all excellent. His distribution will improve.

All true. Having said that, a few years ago i was crucifying Hinsh for his distribution, and look at him now!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
All true. Having said that, a few years ago i was crucifying Hinsh for his distribution, and look at him now!

Hinsh. What a leg end! I personally think he is a good as McShane. He is the one from that crop of youngsters who could hold his own in the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here